Flame Maple LP

riverbluff

Here are the pics of my finished LP.  Specs are as follows:

Body was from the Showcase Mahogany/Flame maple with Yellow/Red/Black burst.  I really like the ghost binding on the sides.

Neck was a custom order:

24.75 conversion scale
Bubinga/Ebony
59 roundback contour
6105 frets
Corian Nut
Custom Celtic cross inlays and Truss Rod cover (still need to drill holes and monut it during next string change)

Electronics are:
500K pots with .42 resistors
Bare Knuckle Pickups (Miracle Man in Bridge and Mule in Neck

All black hardware with Planet Waves tuners.

I couldn't be happier with the quality of all the parts.  The entire thing went together without a hitch.

It play and sounds amazing.  The Miracle Man pick up has a very aggressive sound at full volume but cleans up very nice whe you roll the volume back.  The Mule has a very warm classic rock sound.  This is very quickly becoming my favorite guitar

Thanks for all the input and help to all the members of the fourm.

V/R

Bill

2498716789_b9fdedce5f_b.jpg

2498717603_5564f3f132_b.jpg

2498719057_546d015373_b.jpg

2499547786_57dd34ae84_b.jpg

2498718401_45d885567c_b.jpg

2499548214_9a313a9da0_b.jpg

Cool guitar! Looks dangerous  :glasses9:
I'm not usually a fan of bursts, but you've really made it work with the black hardware  :icon_thumright: The white pickups bobbins make a terrific contrast.

I've begun itching for a bubinga neck lately, what do you think of yours? And do the BK pickups live up to their reputation?

Hey River.  Good to have you back from the badlands.

Great job on the guitar.  Looks great. 
Worth the wait?

Jim

I am really liking the Bubinga neck.  It seems to have a really warm sound to it (especially with the neck pickup).  I love the feel of the bare wood, this is my first raw wood neck but it won't be my last.

The BK pick are fantastic.  I ran them through my JCM800 today and the tone of them is killer.  I will say that the tone varies greatly when played through my crate and through my marshall ( more so then my EMG equiped LP).  Great distortion tone that cleans up very well with the volume rolled back.  Very good harmonics as well.  I would pick them over my EMG 81/85 everytime.  I just wish the exchange rate was a bit better so the pickups would be more affordable (still hiding the reciet from the better half) :evil4:

I thought of having that body too, but it wasnt up to my taste, but I never figured it could look this cool with hardware! The neck looks killer! the neckback, fingerboard+Inlay, just cool! it has the same aura is my first build, a purpleburst on maple with rosewood neck/board + celtic cross inlay, but: i have a miracleman in bridge AND neck! love the neckpickup too by the way :)

Really nice looking build. Yeah, those raw necks spoil you don't they....  :laughing7:

That is one seriously mean lookin Lester.  Don't know what it is about that particular burst, but it is utterly unlike any I have seen.  Really cool and unique.  You really nailed it with the black hardware too, anything else would have loused it up!

guitlouie said:
That is one seriously mean lookin Lester.  Don't know what it is about that particular burst, but it is utterly unlike any I have seen.  Really cool and unique.  You really nailed it with the black hardware too, anything else would have loused it up!

Fully agreed! That burst and the "ghost" binding look fudging killer! Nice build! :icon_thumright:

Awesome guitar River, glad you like the BKPs man.

If I ever build a Warmoth LP i'm putting Jeff Whitehorn Crawlers in!

Nice neck.

Gregg said:
Really nice looking build. Yeah, those raw necks spoil you don't they....  :laughing7:
Raw necks are the sheeeite... :laughing7:

Rednecks are pretty cool too.....Get it.....works two ways..... :laughing11:

Thanks for all the kind words.  The more I play it the better I like it.  The neck pickup is a bit muddy when I leave the amp set up the same as when I play through the bridge pickup, but rolling off a little volume seems to sort that out.  I was considering changing the cap on the neck side (thoughts?).

The sound I get from the bridge is spot on what I was hoping for.  It decays into and amazing feedback when you want it (vintage Ted Nugent type stuff).

jimh...

Worth every minute of it, although I would rather not have waited!  My son is going through the wait now.  His Leftly LP is still not here (about 3 more weeks to go).

V/R

Bill

Fantastic LP!
You won't find a Gibson as cool as that! :)
I really love the Warmoth Headstock on an LP body!

riverbluff said:
Thanks for all the kind words.  The more I play it the better I like it.  The neck pickup is a bit muddy when I leave the amp set up the same as when I play through the bridge pickup, but rolling off a little volume seems to sort that out.  I was considering changing the cap on the neck side (thoughts?).

The sound I get from the bridge is spot on what I was hoping for.  It decays into and amazing feedback when you want it (vintage Ted Nugent type stuff).

jimh...

Worth every minute of it, although I would rather not have waited!  My son is going through the wait now.  His Leftly LP is still not here (about 3 more weeks to go).

V/R

Bill

hi,

I see you have a mule in the neck. that pickup is a vintage-styled humbucker, PAF like. no wonder it sounds very warm (imho warm, you say muddy ;) )

but still: GREAT axe!

Back