Flake Finish Jazzmaster

OK... figured out my moniker for summer gigs ... Amazing Nippertown Jukebox... art work will be Nipper singing into a mic, and coming out of the Victrola will be flames instead of music. Once that's painted on the case, it'll be done!

Nippertown is what the hipsters call my home town. Already I'll be be playing at the Food coop and the ice cream store!

OK... figured out my moniker for summer gigs ... Amazing Nippertown Jukebox... art work will be Nipper singing into a mic, and coming out of the Victrola will be flames instead of music. Once that's painted on the case, it'll be done!

Nippertown is what the hipsters call my home town. Already I'll be be playing at the Food coop and the ice cream store!
I have always admired "nips" ........Cheese Nips

Had to shrink because the original was too big. I know it’s crazy right?

Last edited:
Before I spray on the krylon fusion (One can covers 25 sq feet so I'll have more than I need) I'll give it a gentle wipe with some rubbing alcohol. Let it dry. I'll think I'll use satin white. Though I don't what's the difference between plain white and bright white. Probably three light coats will do it.

the idea is based on stencil by banksy. i'm sure he won't mind my homage and fair use. In his the dog is shooting the victrola with a bazooka.

Last edited:
I had a little trouble figuring it out at first, but then I realized, or I think, the blue is tape and the stencils are still on. One thing I note is that the words are upside down when you're carrying it

Yeah ... I noticed that, looks like tonight I'll be gingerly peeling off tape. I put the stencils on upside down and backwards. Damn! I want the audience to see the name when I open the case, and if I put it on the bottom end old nipper will be upside down. Meh ... still not to late to fix it. I'd have to rename my one man band as the Upside down and Backwards Nippertown Jukebox. You gotta pay attention when you're a visual artist.

Last edited:
Back