FL Studio

TTU Shredder

So, I have been trying to do my "at home studio" kind of thing lately. I have everything I need guitar and bass wise, but I do not own the drums nor do I even play them. What are yalls thoughts on using Fruity Loops as an at home studio drum kit? I was also looking towards this because it can also create keyboard/piano type sounds, which I also dont own. Let me know if you have used it before or if you know of something better.

EZDrummer has some great samples - always sounds pretty real to me. FL is good if you need to do a lot more than just drums, IMO.

I would use EZDrummer if I didn't need bass samples. I may try some other programs in the future but for my first bunch of recordings I used PCDrummer. It's not horrible, but EZdrummer's samples are a lot better.

see my myspace site in my sig to hear what PCdrummer is like. EZD is a lot better.

I use Reason and their Drum Kits refill.

They have a nice video explaining how it works.

http://www.propellerheads.se/products/refills/rdk/

Brian

Various drum loops - Beta Monkey is recommended. At some point I'm going to buy a Roland Handsonic and actually learn hand percussion techniques though. Those things rock, I've played with them in a couple of stores. And way more fun to play the drums than to sit there listening to drum loop after drum loop to hear something which might work.

Back