Fitting a Fender flatmount bridge

Spiderplayer

Hi everyone.

I've got an old Warmoth tele thinline body knocking around, I'm thinking of starting a new project. My plan is to convert it to a Cabronita style body (2 x TV Jones pickups). Currently it's got a standard tele vintage bridge (string-through) on it. I'm thinking of getting a custom pick guard made to cover any old routing holes etc.

My question is, will the existing string-through body holes match those needed for a Fender flatmount bridge? I could drill new ones if i had to but even better if I don't! Anyone know if this would work?

Thanks in advance!

The holes for the flat-mount STrat-style bridge are not the same as those for the Tele bridge.  Not sure if the string-through holes are in the right place relative to the pickup cavity, but the mounting screw holes are definitely off.  However, there are half-bridges that do conform to the Telecaster screw and string-through dimensions.

Here's a wilky part from Amazon, reasonably priced. 

https://www.amazon.com/Wilkinson-Bridge-Telecaster-Saddles-Chrome/dp/B07F7Z6H15?psc=1&SubscriptionId=AKIAILSHYYTFIVPWUY6Q&tag=duckduckgo-d-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B07F7Z6H15

71ySo1mrb4L._SL1500_.jpg

Hi there. Many thanks for your prompt reply. That's a great suggestion, thanks, I hadn't realised there was such an option out there, looks absolutely perfect for the job!

Back