First Warmoth Build

Vairish

Hey guys! Just finished my first Warmoth build and I thought I'd share it with you guys. I have always liked the feel/sound of Strats but I loved the look of Teles so I thought this would be the perfect reason to build a custom guitar that took the elements of each guitar I love! It's a birdseye maple Warmoth pro Strat neck with stainless steel frets, a white alder Warmoth Tele body, Seymour Duncan noiseless singles + a JB jnr, Gotoh bridge and Schaller machine heads. Being my first build I made a lot of mistakes putting this together but now that its together its everything I wanted and more. I will never buy a production guitar again! 

telezp9.jpg

Very nice - I love white guitars. I bet this one sounds great with those SDs in there. I want. :laughing8:

Welcome to the fold.

Nice build.  This is exactly what Warmoth is about.  Build something that you want to your own specs, that you couldn't get in the shops. It can be as simple or as fancy as you like, and still be a great guitar.
:eek:ccasion14:

Very cool! I hope it sounds as good as you wanted it to, and better! I really like the black knobs - nice touch, I wouldn't have thought of that myself.

(Edit: bad spelling)

kboman said:
Very cool! I hope it sounds as good as you wanted it to, and better! I really like the black knobs - nice touch, I wouldn't have thought of that myself.

(Edit: bad spelling)

Cheers man! This guitar blows away any expectations I had. I'm a huge instrumental rock guitar music fan (Satch, Vai, Govan, Howe, Kotzen, etc) and theres something so biting about the tone off this guitar that it would easily cut through any mix  :guitaristgif: I love it! I'm already planning out a second one now with a trem :)

Oh man, that is nice.
I am always conflicted with binding on white guitars. I always love seeing a little black binding around it, but then I see one like yours that is just clean, and I love it.

Awesome guitar man!

I know what you mean.  Being able to spend ~$1000 and have everything perfectly custom and exactly what I want... I can't see myself ever buying a production off the shelf guitar again either.

Nice and clean!  I really like the look of the JB Jr. in the bridge. Does she sing as well as she looks?

Very classy, would have been more exotic if you had used a strat pickguard on the tele body....

And welcome to the vortex of chaos.....You've just been sucked in....... :laughing11:

DocNrock said:
I'm not much of a tele guy, but that is one nice tele!
Hahaha, that's funny......."I'm not much of a tele guy"...errrrruuuuuhhhhhhhm, need I say  "Chunk-E-Caster".... :icon_jokercolor:

Wana_make_a_guitar said:
DangerousR6 said:
This could work......hmmmmmm :eek:
2708759785_182ef3216e_b.jpg
A Tele with strat controls and a strat PG with Strat placed pups AND a Floyd Rose?
You got it, I think it's rather interesting. I'm not a 100% positive but i think Fender actually made a Custom shop tele with a Strat pickguard. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong..... :dontknow:

Vairish said:
Being my first build I made a lot of mistakes putting this together

What kind of mistakes did you make, and what would you do differently?  I will be making my first Warmoth build soon, and I'd love to know.

Thanks!

Oh, and I REALLY like this one.  There are some guitars here that just don't really do anything for me, but this one is very nice.  I want it!

Back