First Timer...

Typing a

First time caller, long time listener…

I've been watching these boards for a few months now and finally have something to post!

I just finished putting together my Caribbean Burst Strat with some nice custom appointments… If someone fills me in on how, I'd love to share some pics of it all...

You can register an account with Flickr or Photobucket and upload your pictures to there, then link to them from here using the "IMG" tag pair. You just click on the "Insert Image" icon on the message edit page - it's the second one over on the second row of buttons you'll see above the edit field. That'll insert an IMG tag pair in your message, then you paste the address of your image between the two tags.

You can also simply attach them to your messages, but the board managers are trying to discourage that as it's loading up their storage space pretty seriously, and apparently adding a $50 HDD is not an option. We should probably take up a collection for them. Maybe have a fund raiser <grin>

Here goes… I hope these pics attach…

Flame maple over swamp ash, direct from the showcase.
Caribbean Burst with a Blue dye back.
Natural Masked binding.
Cream pearloid pick guard with the Updown modification (thanks Updown!)

Dark Indian Rosewood fingerboard over Flame Maple neck
Standard Thin, 1 11/16 spread.
Graphtech nut
SS6105 fretwire
Clear Satin finish

Kinman Mk-3 pickups with Kinman's K7 harness (fantastic!)
Sperzel Locking tuners
Wilkinson VS100 trem
Schaller Straplocks
Custom Doug Neckplate
Waterslide decal

I haven't gotten to any nice outdoor glamor shots yet but I will one of these days.

IMG_2337.jpg

IMG_2338.jpg

IMG_2339.jpg

IMG_2340.jpg

IMG_2346.jpg

IMG_2347.jpg

IMG_2363.jpg

IMG_2364.jpg

IMG_2365.jpg

IMG_2401.jpg

IMG_2546.jpg

Very nice! Good choices all around. I'm envious of the Kinmans. I've wanted a set of those ever since I first read about them.

The only thing I'd change is the vintage pearl pickguard. Clashes with the body. I blame it on the 2 liter bottle of Coke. Should've been a mini-keg of beer, which would've kept your mind right while you were making the important decisions.

Ha! I actually went back and forth over the pick guard… even photoshopped a few colors on after the body arrived. I've gotten used to it and have come to like it… What would you have done?

FYI - the Kinmans are insane! They were recommended by a guitarist friend of mine and I can't be happier.

I don't know. My first instinct would have been solid black, but then I'd want to see solid white. The body is just too pretty to have any pattern on the 'guard.

'm sure I'll be playing around with some different guards once I have some time. It'll be a good way to avoid building the other 12 guitars I've already spec'd out.

I know how that goes. I've got a Strat with a wild Maple top that's on its 3rd pickguard, and I have a fourth sitting here for it waiting on some ambition to tear it apart yet again. Just can't get happy. But, it hasn't stopped production on any others <grin>

Be sure to update with a pic when you put the black guard on it, I'd like to see that as well. Great burst.  :eek:ccasion14:

I'd leave 'em alone. You'll need some contrast in the sea of black, plus they sorta match the expected center of the body's burst.

Yeah, all black would give it a more modern look, but I like the white covers with a black guard as well, makes me think of The Black Strat or SRV #1.

I'll mod a black pick guard when I get the chance. The pickup covers on there now are cream colored, and as you can see in one of the pics I've got white ones too…

I think the cream covers may have to be there regardless...

Very nice. I'd vote for an all white guard though. It may clash a bit, but just enough to set off the vintage covers, knobs and chrome.

Nice choice on everything. I always go with the Wilkinson for trems. Can't say I have ever heard kinman pickups.

:guitarplayer2:

WooHoo that's pretty.

I am normally not a fan of aged white/cream colored, or white on white plastic, but in your case it all works.

Back