First fret inlay question

Heavy Rock

Hi everyone, in the custom neck builder some inlay shapes show the first fret populated (lightning bolt) and some don't (trapezoid). Does that mean that the shapes that show the first fret populated come as standard with that feature? Thanks!

Perfect thanks! I was wondering because I saw Aaron's video on the inlay shapes saying the first fret option is optional for all inlay shapes but that's 7 years old, so I guess things changed since then.

Perfect thanks! I was wondering because I saw Aaron's video on the inlay shapes saying the first fret option is optional for all inlay shapes but that's 7 years old, so I guess things changed since then.

On some inlay patterns the marker at the first fret is standard. On others it's not. Whatever you see in the custom builder is what is standard.

Either way, the first fret inlay is always optional. It can be added or removed as your precious heart desires, with a mere phone call....and one million dollars. :)

dr-evil-one-billion-dollars.gif

Hey @aarontunes - does that work in reverse? Can I request just a 12th fret marker? Or mix and match? Like uhhh… let’s say an iron cross, a diamond, a star, a supernova, and a split diamond at 3/5/7/9/12 respectively?

I love those old Martin snowflakes that changed at each location.

Hey @aarontunes - does that work in reverse? Can I request just a 12th fret marker? Or mix and match? Like uhhh… let’s say an iron cross, a diamond, a star, a supernova, and a split diamond at 3/5/7/9/12 respectively?

Check out my Masque of the Red Death guitar for a 12th-fret-only option:

I shudder to think how much the upcharge will be for different inlays at different spots, though. :oops:

I know for sure you can get "12th fret only" on any of them. However, I'm not sure about mixing and matching. You'll need to call in to check on that....and be prepared for:

1-million-dollars-08c8ff.jpg

On some inlay patterns the marker at the first fret is standard. On others it's not. Whatever you see in the custom builder is what is standard.

Either way, the first fret inlay is always optional. It can be added or removed as your precious heart desires, with a mere phone call....and one million dollars. :)

dr-evil-one-billion-dollars.gif
Super, thanks @aarontunes for making it super clear, cheers. 👍

Back