first assembly attempt

Got a capacitor from WM and put it on. I have good tone control on the neck pickup and neck/middle position. Nice. Love this guitar.

ByteFrenzy said:
hank49 said:
I haven't put a capacitor on the tone controls. The one I ordered wasn't in the box.

This makes me suspect that Hank wasn't really trying to do it different from every major rock star - he just doesn't have a capacitor available to use.
Could you salvage one from an old (defective) transistor radio? Preferably a really old one, that doesn't yet have SMD components. The Warmoth page will tell you what it looks like, if you find one with the correct value printed on it (.047uF) it should work. It will probably also be marked with its safe operating voltage but that will never be reached in this application.

thanks for the tip. I have another capacitor and was thinking about putting it one. the other strat I have has one for both middle and neck pickups so with the 5 way switch, it has tone control on 4 positions. I don't know...still thinking about it.
One thing I have learned...I havne't played a shitload of guitars but the two strats I have in that picture are so different. It's amazing how the thicker SRV neck vs the Thin feels. Plus the body of the burst is so much heavier. Different sound and feel.....I want to build another one but I need a new pair of fins.... and some stuff for my spearguns....it'll have to wait. Thanks again.

Back