Fireburst Strat **NEW PICS**

Crawler - Mother's Milk - Mother's Milk  :icon_biggrin:

Yeah, it's insane!

The neck is supposed to arrive in a couple of weeks, and the rest of the parts will arrive in about one or two weeks  :icon_thumright:

God I'm so glad that this thing got bought by someone on the forum. I think I come to this page at least once a day and drool over it for a few minutes. I can wait to see it all together!

I love it too!
I think it turns out great when it's done!
And I'm glad I decided to do a master voleme, master tone and dpdt switch.

Only thing I need to find out now, is wether to go with white pearl or vintage pearl.
It'll be fun to see the difference when the vintage one arrive.

Cagey said:
I remember you having that finish problem in shipping. A lot can happen on a trip that far.

Some cases I've been quite impressed with are these CNB parts...

I think the finish problem had more to do with summer heat and being a Nitro finish.  If shipped in that, it would've just had egg crate indentions in the Nitro.

The Norwegian Guy said:
This one's getting a Fender Tweed case :icon_thumright:
I allready got two fender cases, so it's not anything I would spend money on at the moment.
The next hardcase I'll buy is for the black tonar strat. Actually, I'm going to transfer money to tonar and have him buy one for me, so that he can send me the body and neck in the hardcase after refinishing the body, and finishing the neck. Last time he sent me the body, it was damaged by some sort of heatsource between USA and Norway. I think the hardcase provides protection along with the winter temperatures - so that the body arrives in perfect tonar-condition :icon_biggrin: Looking forward to it!

You might want to look at Hiscox cases - http://www.hiscoxcases.com/products_hiscox.htm#construction

I have one and can recommend them.  Light and strong and perfect for a travel case.

Thanks for input on cases, guys! appreciate it :icon_thumright:

However, I assembled the white pearl pickguard today, because I was bored. It looks too shiny and cold, and when I get the vintage tint neck bolted on - it just doesn't look right... i think...
The vintage tint pickguard I ordered has a master volume and a master tone. I will put a DPDT switch in the spot where the tone 2 is supposed to be.
And I'm putting chrome barrel knobs on it.

151087_10150103593335288_564445287_7846913_110843_n.jpg

I recieved parts from warmoth today, and I should have the pickups by tomorrow.

I compared the white pearloid pickguard and the vintage pearloid pickguard - and it was easy to decide which one of them to use.

Sorry for the bad pics, but here they are:

156887_10150107609000288_564445287_7913274_3836663_n.jpg

White Pearloid

156633_10150107609265288_564445287_7913279_4139392_n.jpg

Vintage Pearloid

The difference doesn't show very well, but in real life, the vintage looks warmer and more alive compared to the freezing white pearl.

I will have different volume and tone knobs than in the pics. I have ordered Chrome barrel knobs. They will arrive with the neck, and the rest of the parts in a couple of weeks.

154837_10150107643055288_564445287_7913943_1371621_n.jpg

I got the shielding done today as well. I'm not finished with it in this pic though.

65477_10150107696645288_564445287_7914895_4556050_n.jpg

I drilled a hole for the DPDT switch. I wasn't sure whether I was going to go with Volume-DPDT-Tone or Volum-Tone-DPDT. But i think I did the right descision going with this sollution. (v-t-dpdt)
Doing it like this keeps the switch out of the way - and provides easier access to the tone, which I'm more likely is going to use more often than the dpdt.

I'm very pleased with the looks and apperance of the guitar. I can't wait to see it finished - and I can't wait to play it and hear what it sounds like!

The two pearloids are quite similar.  I like them both.  This looks like a killer build, I'll stay tuned in for the next episode!

Speaking of necks... I recieved a mail that said that my neck was shipped...
That's bloody awesome, cus it's only 6 weeks since I placed the order!

:hello2:

I got mail from warmoth just five minutes ago.

It looks like your neck got through finish a little ahead of schedule....Surprise!!
We hope you enjoy the neck my friend.
Thanks for writing.
SPIKE

Oh, how I love warmoth!

I will have it assembled before the weekend!

the cream pearloid makes a huge difference!!

what kind of neck did you order? it better be something raw!!!!

Back