Firebird

muhle

Hi.

I thought I might share this Firebird I finished a couple of months ago.

2vvj0d3.jpg

The body is black korina

Howzabout more pics?  I kinda like the turtle on the horn.  More details on the build, as well.  Pickups?  Hardware?  Electronics?

Is this the "Hot boiling wax" guitar? :laughing7:

Yeah man you need some more pictures, and ones not so close haha, they are really good, but I wanna see allll of it :icon_jokercolor:

But what I can see is some really nice korina!

More pictures. These were taken under a lamp so excuse the overly warm shades.

op8fg9.jpg

Specs:
Pickups: Seymour Duncan Custom & 59 Neck
Gotoh Bridge. Kluson Tuners.

Neck is maple/rosewood with KWS Headstock and 25.5 scale.

I tape the pickups because sometimes I pick so hard the strings get trapped under the bobbins. Even some more famous players had the same problem :) http://www.gbase.com/files/store_images/gear/1574725/p1_uf3gocyfl_so.jpg

Oh and the body is dyed with a brown colour

Very beautiful Firebird  :headbang:
One of my favorite Black Korina bodies that I have seen. 
:kewlpics: :rock-on:

Nice axe!  :icon_thumright:

muhle said:
I tape the pickups because sometimes I pick so hard the strings get trapped under the bobbins. Even some more famous players had the same problem :)
Steve Vai does as well.

electrnx_LRG01.jpg

Yeah but your guitar is a million times sweeter than any of Steve Vai's...  :guitaristgif:
Really like it. Probably my favorite Firebird ever.  :eek:

Blue313 said:
Nice axe!   :icon_thumright:

muhle said:
I tape the pickups because sometimes I pick so hard the strings get trapped under the bobbins. Even some more famous players had the same problem :)
Steve Vai does as well.

electrnx_LRG01.jpg

Dude. That's an amazing tip. Thanks! I actually stopped playing my Warmoth for a few songs in our set just because I was having that problem.

Happens to me, too, sometimes....that's why I put a cover on the neck HB in my strat.

Not that i've had a problem with picking to hard (maybe because I have a different setup than you guys), maybe a pickup ring may help.  :dontknow:

Nah. I've got pickup rings on my Jazzmaster. I only pick that hard on two songs, but it's a pain in the ass. I'm kind of kicking my JM to hell anyway, so the tape will make it look more personalized.

Back