Finished Warmoth J-Bass

maxwell.tite

Here is my freshly completed J-Bass.

BODY - One piece swamp ash, professionally finished in Olympic White nitrocellulose. stack knob controls, BadAss II bridge, Lindy Fralin split coil pickups, and I used neck ferrules to attached the neck instead of a neck plate.

NECK - 20 Fret Quartersawn maple Jazz style neck, with Tele bass headstock finished in Nitrocellulose clear coat. Brazillian Rosewood fingerboard with Mother of Pearl inlay dots, and stainless steel frets, and Gotoh vintage Nickel reverse gear tuners.

IMG_1807-1.jpg
IMG_1813.jpg
IMG_1810.jpg

nice job! I especially like the stacked pot configuration. did you use the standard .047uf and .022uf caps or something different?

all the best,

R

Ya know... thats a clean lookin bass.  I like it.  Simple, elegant.  Clean.  And by-gosh-and-by-golly it has the correct number of strings as well!  Good job!

Q.  Why do electric basses have 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 10, 12 strings?

A.  You ever seen a bass player that could count?

"I like it.  Simple, elegant.  Clean." - CB

That sums it up nicely.
A straight-ahead player for sure!

-CB- said:
Ya know... thats a clean lookin bass.  I like it.  Simple, elegant.  Clean.  And by-gosh-and-by-golly it has the correct number of strings as well!  Good job!

hey i can count! 1 2 3 4 squirell! see! all the way up too squirell!

[/quote]

that cut deep. I might lack in math skillz, but i at least i know where the parking lot is.  :evil4: im not afraid of getting my ass kicked either. 
probably shouldn't have said that

Shmoopie said:

that cut deep. I might lack in math skillz, but i at least i know where the parking lot is.  :evil4: im not afraid of getting my ass kicked either. 
[/quote]

i dont get it

-CB- said:

hey - who needs to count past 1? all we bassists need to know is where 1 is ... something most lead players and vocalists seems to consistently lack the discernment skills for  :cool01:

:icon_jokercolor:

all the best,

R

Shmoopie said:

[/quote]

I imagine most bass players share that feeling.  I mean... when the BIG guy says "you got FIVE SECONDS to get the hell out".... well... I mean... you and the parking lot get to be kissin-cousins lots I s'pose.

hey man, thats a nice bass, i just ordered myself something very similar, same body but no pickguard and a bound and blocked j neck.

I was just wondering if you had any trouble installing the badass 2 bridge, as I know warmoth dont do a rout for it. I ended up getting the gotoh 201 holes as i was told they should just about fit. is that what you did? did it work?

cheers, take care!

o

owenmorgan said:
hey man, thats a nice bass, i just ordered myself something very similar, same body but no pickguard and a bound and blocked j neck.

I was just wondering if you had any trouble installing the badass 2 bridge, as I know warmoth dont do a rout for it. I ended up getting the gotoh 201 holes as i was told they should just about fit. is that what you did? did it work?

cheers, take care!

o

The Gotoh 201 rout is the same as the BAII rout.  Both were designed to be a match for vintage Fender bass bridges.

-Eric.

Back