Finish recommendation for this?

simple

Staff member
Signatures from Buddy Guy and his band. No sure what to do...maybe a light Tobacco Burst with satin finish would look cool....

Yeah, I know they got pretty close to the trem hole with the signatures...couldn't control that....

0904080808.jpg

Had to be the drummer to sign under the bridge  :laughing7:
Kidding, Buddy's going to be under a little too... :tard:

Think tobacco burst will be sweet! I really like this finish :icon_thumright:

mscmkr said:
Keep it like that. It will look silly to have half signatures on the guitar...
It won't be hanging on a wall, my arm will be in front of the signatures anyhow since I'll be playing the guitar. Perhaps you mean the burst would cover up part of the signatures? Keep it clear gloss perhaps...is that what you mean?

I think you should go for a burst from Mary Kay white http://www.warmoth.com/paint/paint.cfm?fuseaction=trans_marykaywhite on the edge to clear in the middle.  It would be subtle, but I think it would look great while keeping the signatures visible.

NonsenseTele said:
Had to be the drummer to sign under the bridge  :laughing7:
Kidding, Buddy's going to be under a little too... :tard:

+1

What kind of bridge are you planning?  A string-thru TOM would preserve Buddy's sig and most of the drummer's.

I think you should try poka dots, do the complete body in amber, then a couple coats of clear, then stick some dots on it and go with a slightly darker color, then clear again! Could be cool!

Either transparent amber, or a light burst with satin finish (like on Turbo's Bass)

vanhagar said:
I think you should try poka dots, do the complete body in amber, then a couple coats of clear, then stick some dots on it and go with a slightly darker color, then clear again! Could be cool!
Interesting...maybe dots using a light vintage tint gloss and a dark vintage tint gloss so you don't really see the dots at all until you look close...then it makes for a very cool homage to Buddy Guy.

Gregg said:
mscmkr said:
Keep it like that. It will look silly to have half signatures on the guitar...
It won't be hanging on a wall, my arm will be in front of the signatures anyhow since I'll be playing the guitar. Perhaps you mean the burst would cover up part of the signatures? Keep it clear gloss perhaps...is that what you mean?

No I am talking about the bridge covering part. Ok, maybe it is just the drummer's signature but still, having somebody's half signature on the guitar would look weird to me. And I think Buddy Guy's signature will be affected.

Gregg said:
Interesting...maybe dots using a light vintage tint gloss and a dark vintage tint gloss so you don't really see the dots at all until you look close...then it makes for a very cool homage to Buddy Guy.

Huge +1 to that, Polka dots would be a nice touch!  :icon_thumright:  Still don't know if it needs black or cream pickup covers and knobs if you're going with the pearloid pickguard.

mscmkr said:
No I am talking about the bridge covering part. Ok, maybe it is just the drummer's signature but still, having somebody's half signature on the guitar would look weird to me. And I think Buddy Guy's signature will be affected.

If the Signatures are touching or under the bridge....well that's mojo!

Gregg said:
vanhagar said:
That would be cool...But I'd vote for a clear gloss or an amber tint... :icon_thumright:

Vintage tint-to-clear burst, front and back. You work for Warmoth, surely they'll do it for you! Congrats on that.

nathan a said:
I like the TOM + string-thru idea
The body has a tremolo cavity in the back so trem it is. Probably go with a Wilk or Amr Std.

I'd say "clear gloss" or "vint tint gloss" if it were mine.

I'd want those sigs seen, especially while playing a Buddy Guy tune :cool01:

Back