Finally arrived!!! VW carved top + Warmoth neck

ventolino

After a lot of waiting, and after a problem with custom, finally arrived my long waited parts.  :party07:

Just to start: boxes, eheheh  :laughing7:

IMG_0591_resize.jpg

Let's start with Warmoth 24-3/4 conversion neck, all indian rosewood.  :hello2:

IMG_0592_resize.jpg

A particular...

IMG_0593_resize.jpg

...and another:

IMG_0595_resize.jpg

And...

OMG, this is beautiful! This VW carved top has color like rainbow, images can't do justice to beauty of these colors and wood veneers  :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:

IMG_0598_resize.jpg

Another view...

IMG_0597_resize.jpg

...and another:

IMG_0596_resize.jpg

This is my first W order and i must admit that parts arrived are great, very high quality  :icon_thumright:  :blob7: :blob7: :blob7:
And now, just a bit more relaxed for the arrival, it's time to build it and hear it (again, i can't wait to hear this beauty).

This was one of the best striptease I've ever seen!  :icon_jokercolor:

Congrats!! Very nice neck and body!  :icon_biggrin:
What will be the hardware?

Nice!!
Was the body from the showcase or special order.
Probably one of the last VW bodies, since Warmoth aren't able to make them anymore.

NonsenseTele said:
This was one of the best striptease I've ever seen!  :icon_jokercolor:

:toothy10:

NonsenseTele said:
Congrats!! Very nice neck and body!  :icon_biggrin:
What will be the hardware?

Thanks.
I'll mount Wilkinson VS400 chrome bridge two pivots ( http://www.hosco.co.jp/HOSCO_ENGLISH/Pages/gotoh_catalog/wilkinson1.html ),
Planet Waves locking tuners and all chrome hardware (knobs, switch, W logo, ...).
I'll post pictures when i'll finish it.  :icon_tongue:

jule7625 said:
Nice!!
Was the body from the showcase or special order.
Probably one of the last VW bodies, since Warmoth aren't able to make them anymore.

Custom order, and i think i'll never do it again  :icon_biggrin:
But... never say never  :laughing7:

That is a great looking body and neck!! congrats!

and no, don't say never.. the addiction will kick in soon!

m4rk0 said:
That is a great looking body and neck!! congrats!

and no, don't say never.. the addiction will kick in soon!

Thanks!
M4rk0, i haven't said i'll never make another W order!  :laughing11:
Custom order is too much to wait and waiting make me crazy.
BTW there's always the showcase, but don't say it to my wife  :icon_biggrin:

Wow! Smokin  body. Nice job. But did I miss something and hear someone say Warmoth won't be able to make VW bodies anymore? WHY!!!!?

It seems that way, JamesL.  Check out:  VW Bodies in, General Discussion -- at the time of this posting, on page 3.

Weeeeyowww!  I guess it was worth the wait, huh?  That neck is incredible.  Oh, yeah, the body is alright, too, if you like that sort of thing. (kidding, of course, it is gorgeous!)

guitlouie said:
Weeeeyowww!  I guess it was worth the wait, huh?

Yes, agree.

guitlouie said:
That neck is incredible.  Oh, yeah, the body is alright, too, if you like that sort of thing. (kidding, of course, it is gorgeous!)

F***k!  :toothy12:  :laughing11:
Yesterday i finished to install all the hardware on neck and now it's great, so smooth and good looking.  :headbang:

Eccezionale, il mio amico! Amo i puntini dell'aliotide!

I hope that's right.

Awesome build, congrats. I could see that neck on a lot of different and very nice Warmoth projects. Great body too.

ildar said:
Eccezionale, il mio amico!

This is almost right, but exactly is "Eccezionale, amico mio!"

ildar said:
Amo i puntini dell'aliotide!

Ildar, this is great! I'm ROTFLing  :toothy12: :toothy12: :toothy12:
I had a little difficulties to understand this, but exactly is "Amo i segnatasti in abalone".

:icon_thumright:

Sad thing is, my ancestors are Italian, but I had to use translation software to try and say all that. Never learned to speak the language, unfortunately.
Anyhow, excellent looking pieces, can't wait to see it all finished.

ildar said:
Sad thing is, my ancestors are Italian, but I had to use translation software to try and say all that. Never learned to speak the language, unfortunately.

It's not your fault Ildar, EVERY translation softwares make a lot of mistake with Italian language because of its complexity (Italy also is a complex nation, but this is another topic) and when you read a translation made by them you can't stop laughing, it's very very funny  :laughing7:
A lot of people have Italian ancestors, where are/were yours from?
Hmm... i'm going out of topic. 

my ancestors are also itallian. but scattered everywhere, a great grand mother from sicily, some frome napels and calabria, and some from emilia-romagna.

my italian speaking family members can't understand each others italian.
my great grandparents were from there but my grand father never learned it, my grand mother know italian but couldn't understand my grandfathers family.

i'd really like to learn the language and someday visit there.

DiMitriR33 said:
my ancestors are also itallian. but scattered everywhere, a great grand mother from sicily, some frome napels and calabria, and some from emilia-romagna.

My mother and his family is from Sicily also!
It's a little world! Emigrants from Italy to USA is a tipical situation, also i have relatives living in Missoury near Kansas City

DiMitriR33 said:
my italian speaking family members can't understand each others italian.
my great grandparents were from there but my grand father never learned it, my grand mother know italian but couldn't understand my grandfathers family.

Maybe because they don't speak Italian but italian dialect. It's not a matter of pronunciation, they're different languages with different grammatical rules, we have 20 regions and each have its own dialect and if you add that a single dialect have variations you can understand why your families can't understand each other.  :icon_scratch:

DiMitriR33 said:
i'd really like to learn the language and someday visit there.

You don't need to learn Italian to visit Italy and you have to visit here!  :rock-on:

My mother grew up in a town named Mule Shoe, and my father grew up in Jacksburro, and I still managed not to marry a family member!

Back