Figured redwood tele

bassetman

It’s here .....oh my!

KIvV1kP.jpg

pow4aN5.jpg

KTzbMoE.jpg

More pics as we progress. My lord it’s gorgeous.

Yes there is drool on it....the neck is a loaner this one gets roasted flame maple.

Any ideas on a fret board that would go well with the redwood? Bubinga might be nice.

I'm kinda liking the one that's on it now.  I think I would stick with a plainer piece of wood for the neck.  :headbang4: 

I may well go with another roast maple neck and board that one is borrowed from my number two.

I thought they were out of figured redwood - I guess I was mistaken. 
Huh.  One more thing I want to do, but can't. 

Great piece, though!!!

It was in the showcase for a few months and then popped up on screaming deals and I ....obviously...could not say no.  No bridge till Friday so it’s hanging around . It looks great with aged pearl or black pearl pickguard  also thinking a small cabronita style guard in carbon fiber with red tinted resin. I have some cherry burl for the control plate that matches the redwood very well...choices.

Beautiful.
I like the carbon fiber Cabronita pickguard idea. Could look really cool.

The aged pearl PG could accent the binding nicely. I also like the Cabronita style PG. Those together could be killer.

That figure is far too beautiful to cover with a scratchplate, surely?

If you've got some cherry burl for a control plate, why not make a mount for the neck pup in the same stuff and keep the redwood on display? 

Pickguard colour May change but this is the finished look....plays great. I’ve got about six necks I need to send to Cagey but I can’t put them down.

WY7RpVF.jpg

507CvhU.jpg

Back