Fiesta Red Precision Bass (Pino Vibe)

instagator

Hey everyone,longtime no post.

Here's my new P Bass.

Warmoth Swamp Ash Body
Curtis Novak handwound pickups.CTS pots with an 047 paper in oil cap
Paint and primer is Nitro from ReRanch.Clearcoat is McFaddens.

Hope you all dig it.

P3240017.jpg

P3300023.jpg

P3300027.jpg

P4040044.jpg

P4040045.jpg

P4040040.jpg

P4040050.jpg

Cheers.

Super classy. Not personally a fan of painted headstocks usually, but looks like you did a fantastic job with the finishing.

I'm not normally a tortoise shell fan, but that works so well. I love the color. I want it.  :icon_thumright:

btw - looks amazing with and without the covers - I can't decide which looks better.

GoDrex said:
I'm not normally a tortoise shell fan, but that works so well. I love the color. I want it.  :icon_thumright:

btw - looks amazing with and without the covers - I can't decide which looks better.

Hey GoDrex...I know what you mean about the covers..The body is so clean I did'nt want to drill,but I think I will..that and I'm going to add the tug bar(lower thumb rest)

Thanks Guys.

Nice job! :icon_thumright: Very Pino-ish.

I am not usually a fan of pianted headstocks either, but that finish looks great.

But IMHO, LEAVE THE ****ING COVERS OFF.
I can't stress that enough!

I love the look of both picup and bridge covers on fenders... I have no clue what they were supposed to be for though... :icon_scratch:

AToE said:
I have no clue what they were supposed to be for though... :icon_scratch:

They are meant to look stupid and hinder your technique, that's why Fender stopped using them. :toothy12: :blob7:

The bridge covers have pieces of foam that mute the strings. If your after a James Jamerson kind of tone, that comes from the foam mutes.

instagator said:
Curtis Novak handwound pickups.

How do you like the Curtis Novak's?
I had Curtis make me an amazing custom pickup, and he nailed my specs exactly.

line6man said:
instagator said:

I can't say enough good things about the pickups.Curtis has done PJ's,Jazz sets,Charlie Christian style p bass and regular vintage P's..Every set is a killer.made right here in the USA

Sort of makes me feel good to know who my cash goes to.

Cheers.

instagator said:
line6man said:
instagator said:

I can't say enough good things about the pickups.Curtis has done PJ's,Jazz sets,Charlie Christian style p bass and regular vintage P's..Every set is a killer.made right here in the USA

Sort of makes me feel good to know who my cash goes to.

Cheers.

Yep. He does great work.
I posted about my pickup on Talkbass, and one guy who has played just about every bass on the planet over the years was inspired to have Curtis make him a single coil P bass pickup, and he said it was the best he had ever heard.

Very nice, shiny and red with great finishing touches.

Oh, and the bass is cool too.

Back