Fiesta Red or Bright Red? Closest thing to Ferrari Red/Torino red?

JDLM

Wondering how Warmoth does these finishes. I'm looking for a Ferrari Red (Gibson term) or Torino Red (Fender term) finish, but the closest Warmoth does is Fiesta Red or Bright Red. Asking because I've seen Fender themselves putting out different shades of Fiesta Red, sometimes salmonish, somtime lipstickish, etc...

Which of these two Warmoth colors resembles more the Gibson Ferrari Red or Fender Torino Red finishes?

Thanks! You the best!

Here's Fiesta Red, Bright Red and Dakota Red for comparison. (Old Warmoth product shot)

fiestared_strat.jpg

SustainerPlayer said:
Here's Fiesta Red, Bright Red and Dakota Red for comparison. (Old Warmoth product shot)

fiestared_strat.jpg
I believe you have the order of those colors reversed.

W's Fiesta is darn near pink. -With a dash, just a pinch of orange to send it in the salmon direction.

Yeah, Fiesta Red is almost like Bazooka Joe bubble gum. Dakota red is the darkest (and most attractive, IMO) and I think most closely matches Ferrari Red, at least judging by these pictures of Ferraris.

Cagey said:
Yeah, Fiesta Red is almost like Bazooka Joe bubble gum. Dakota red is the darkest (and most attractive, IMO) and I think most closely matches Ferrari Red, at least judging by these pictures of Ferraris.

Your eyes are getting old, buddy! No way is this anything other than bright red:

ferrari-enzo-red-black-2003.jpg

I mean, the Ferrari and the Bright Red colour from Warmoth are both basically Pure Red, Primary Red, Chroma Red or whatever you want to call it. There's no yellow, no black, no white and no blue in it.

Back