Favorite Showcase Oddities

Mor Paul

Epic Member
I started it because of this:
http://www.warmoth.com/Showcase/ShowcaseItem.aspx?i=MP132&Body=2&Path=Body
MP132D.jpg

Just wondering what your favorites in the showcase are. Especially the ones that wouldn't be ordered by posted specs on the W site.

Firebirds with the raised center section are normally mahogany only.

Max said:
MP132D.jpg

Just wondering what your favorites in the showcase are. Especially the ones that wouldn't be ordered by posted specs on the W site.

Pretty cool Max, I see nothing odd about it tho...Other than I wouldn't have ruined a beautiful flame like that with that big gash leading to the toggle switch hole. Looks to me like with it being a lam top, they could have cut the channel in the body not the top.... :dontknow:

DangerousR6 said:
Max said:
MP132D.jpg

Pretty cool Max, I see nothing odd about it tho...Other than I wouldn't have ruined a beautiful flame like that with that big gash leading to the toggle switch hole. Looks to me like with it being a lam top, they could have cut the channel in the body not the top.... :dontknow:

they only make them in mahogany raised. thats why its odd. maybe they make prototype test bodies and put them on the showcase?

[/quote]Pretty cool Max, I see nothing odd about it tho...Other than I wouldn't have ruined a beautiful flame like that with that big gash leading to the toggle switch hole. Looks to me like with it being a lam top, they could have cut the channel in the body not the top.... :dontknow:
[/quote]

I liked the 3-tone dye, maple topped, Buck Owens looking Teles.  When seeing what the "bursts" actually look like, I like going to the LP section of the Gallery.  Those tops are crazy!

The W specs and showcase items paradox is infuriating at times.  There's always atleast one deal breaker spec on some of those for me.  I'll love the finish but not the bridge route.  I love the wood but not the body shape.  It's always something. 

Max said:
MP132D.jpg

I personally love this Firebird and was seriously considering picking it up, even with that screwed up front route for the toggle switch [why?]  :dontknow:
I only left it alone because I really want to do P-90's with my next build and this is already routed for Humbucks...

I have only seen two bodies with figured maple front & back.
I bought one of them...  :icon_smile:

Not a bad idea at all to have an equal interesting back... :toothy12:

exalted said:
Their choices are a little perplexing sometimes...

I actually like the weird-ass stuff they do.  Shows that they have the freedom to say "hey - let's try this!"

Like the 8-ball strat for one.

Death by Uberschall said:
Experimentation is good, just don't inhale.  :icon_jokercolor:

or call that person the next day and ask if the were protected...  :icon_jokercolor:

Max said:
lpcp214a.jpg

There's something with an Orpheo finish. Washed purple dye on a quilt-top LP.

funny you say that, my girlfriend said that too, but the first time I layed eyes on this body, I felt nausious. Its revolting, sorry ;) I don't like 'whitish' centres, unless the edge is white too. I don't like the caribean burst too, nor the gecko burst from gibson. I only like dark purple, or purpleburst, not this thingy.

Max said:
I don't think I'll ever understand you, Orf.

:p don't try too :D that body just looks like a butt to me. one of those wrinkled asses you see in elderly homes, with hemorrholds :p

Max said:

It's really rather simple:

You say right, Orpheo says left. You say up, Orpheo says down. You say white, Orpeo says black. Really not that hard to figure out.  :icon_jokercolor:  :laughing7:  :icon_jokercolor:

Max said:

You say right, Orpheo says left. You say up, Orpheo says down. You say white, Orpeo says black. Really not that hard to figure out.  :icon_jokercolor:  :laughing7:  :icon_jokercolor:

not really; you say 'trans blue tele' and I say 'trans blue tele'  :toothy10:

Orpheo said:
Max said:

:icon_scratch: Ok now I'm confused!!  :laughing7:

Orpheo said:
Max said:

:icon_scratch: Ok now I'm confused!!  :laughing7:
So is Orpheo..... :icon_biggrin:

Back