Favorite Phase Shifter?

Corey P.

Tell me what I want!

I'm looking for something that covers your basic Phase 90 territory well without the volume loss (I've heard the EVH version doesn't suffer this?), and the versatility to approach some tighter-sweep vibe-like sounds would be nice.  From the "Why not get both?" angle, limited board space and probably a much more seldom use of a vibe - I'd like the ability to cover some Hendrix ground without expecting to very often or needing to nail that particular sound.

The VFE Enterprise Phaser and Whirlwind Orange Box seem like strong options, and I'm liking the simplicity/transparency of the latter.  The Malekko Omicron Analog Phaser is also pretty impressive.

Anyone have experience with any of those pedals or recommendations of other options to look into?  Please & thanks!

Came across this lately http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUWt1R4unw0
don't have any, but have seen most you mentioned on the tube, a lot of versitillity there.
This is space friendly for sure.

That definitely covers the classic sounds well and yeah you have to love the footprint.  Funnily enough, I got an email ad from Prymaxe within the last couple of days re: the Mooer compact line, but didn't notice a Phaser among them, that shows you how well I pay attention...  :doh:

Very cool though, I love the unexpected arrangements/song choices in their demos.  The Mooer definitely merits some consideration, thanks!

I think the guy that does the demo's could make anything sound good. Check out the
other brands he does. Good luck Corey.

leo12. said:
I think the guy that does the demo's could make anything sound good. 

No kidding. A rare treat, really. Most demos are as useless as tits on a bull.

Back