Votes: 3 5.7%
  • 10 / 12

Votes: 13 24.5%

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • 10 - 16

Votes: 31 58.5%

• Total voters

zebra

Of course, if you wish to add and "other" submission in your comment, that would be appreciated. 

Comments and explanations of preferences are also appreciated, especially if you have something to contribute besides the usual:  1) Heavy radius because I play lots of barre chords, 2) LSR nut / Floyd Rose compatability or 3) Flatter radius because I'm one of those shreddy/tappy players.

Cheers!

I've recently ordered my first Warmoth neck and are looking forward to using and playing it. To my knowledge I don't think I've ever played a compound radius neck before, but I'm sure I'll enjoy it.
I've played many different types of necks, from round Fenders to more flat shredder necks. I actually made a guitar based on an old favourite, an old LP Junior (SG-shaped), and the fretboard I made were completely flat. I think it was actually made for a classical guitar. That too worked ok, but probably not something I would chose today.

On bass I def. like a bit of curve. I can cope with flatter, 10" seems fine, don't think I've ever tried 7.25 on a bass. I suspect I'd like it.  :evil4:

Ι can live with anything from 9'' - 13''. When I custom order I have settled to 10''. I'm a rhythm player and I don't need/can't play with flat radius. I remember trying a Carvin with flat radius and I couldn't play barre chords. Strangely, on a classical guitar I'm fine with the straight radius.

It's a shame Warmoth doesn't make more showcase necks with straight radius.
I would like the return of the "Any straight radius" in the showcase search. It's time consuming to search separately each straight radius.

I like the compound radius - feels nice for me.  I used to worry about fret dressing as things wore out, but now with SS frets I don't really 'fret' it <ba dum!>

I'd like to spend some time with a 7.25 before answering. I suspect it'd be my new thing.

I picked 10-16" but I think it is situational.

The most comfortable neck I have is straight 9.5" radius. But for guitars with a Floyd Rose Tremolo, 10-12" would be perfect if you take out the bridge shim.

I've never had a problem with 10-16 compound, even with my OFR setup.

10" radius on my bass neck, although I don't think there are radius options. It also works great.

I like 14". I play mostly rhythm, but I'm diving into leads, and it's good for both, to my hands. Not too flat, but not too rounded.
I ordered my Warmoth neck with a compound radius to try it, and I've played a Fender with a compound radius, which was pretty comfortable also.
As I've said before though, I'm pretty adaptable when it comes to radius and scale.

I haven't picked one as to be honest I've played so many different radii over the years it would be difficult to pick a favourite.

I do like compounds 10- 16" or 10 - 14" but I'm fine with straighter radii also. The last month or two I've only played one of my guitars which is a 12" on my Morse. This weekend I'm home so will try the others which will be interesting to see if I notice the differences too much.

7.25" I found back in the day great for chords but a pain for up the neck bends as they tend to choke out.

20 years ago I was an SRV wannabe. Now I'm kinda surprised how little bending I actually do - it just doesn't fit my style any more.

I'm old enough that SRV was one of those new players.

Regardless of style, radius selection can be a factor however often you bend. When you bend you don't want it to choke out.

I recently received my first Warmoth 10-16 compound radius and I dont think I will ever go back to the straight 9.5

I have five 10-16's at present: 3 installed, 1 in he shop for leveling, (to go on my current build), and 1 still in the box for my "Next" project. I'v found the compound radius to be a good compromise, generally comfortable, and doesn't fret out on bends. (Although, truth be told, my style doesn't use a lot of bends anyway)

I'd like to try a somewhat tighter compound, say a 7.5-12, only because I like using "Cowboy" chords interspersed in my playing. I've had surgery on the ring finger of my left hand, leaving it unable fully extend, and I think a tighter radius might make certain chords a little easier for me to hit.

Prior to a Warmoth neck, I've only had experience with 9.5", 10" and 12" radii.  Now having a Warmoth neck with the 10-16" compound, it is my fav.

!0-16 just seems most comfortable to me. A straight 12 is good too. I have never liked the Fender's 7.25 or 9.5. Feels like a baseball bat to me. However I can deal with them if I have too, and a lot of others like them. Personal preferences.... :icon_thumright:

7.25, I play mostly cowboy chords.

I find the round radius very comfortable and ergonomic, but I have to have medium-jumbo frets (6105), those tiny vintage frets are why players fret out on round radii.

Just went from the 10-16 to a full 11 and prefer the 11 (used purchase).
Think I might go to a straight 12 on my next one.

Back