FASTFASTFAST

fanfeckintastic!!!
I love everything about this guitar! can't wait to see it completed!
The masked binding is so cool on strats!
also, the lsr/wilkinson combo is by far my favorite! and that on a wenge neck! whoohoo!

That looks utterly fantastic.  :eek:

I think the ebony will be a winner there. That blueburst is definitely one of the best I've seen.

The more I think about this project the more I think about a Goncalo or Wenge neck instead of the flame maple. What do you all think would look good on this project (with a white pearloid pickguard)

For my first build, I'm buying finished body, and a rosewood neck that need no finish. :D This VIP is gonna look "SPIFFY".  :toothy10:

VERY nice body finish 
bowing.gif

FINALLY got around to ordering the neck for this one. Oh, I hemmed, and I hawed, and I cried, and prayed to the good lord for a LONG time about this decision. Wenge, Canary, Flame Maple, I agonized about this one. Now it's official.

6572_1203521414011_1407881604_582423_5715332_n.jpg

Vintage Modern neck
Birdseye maple
Birdseye maple fretboard
Standard thin contour
1 11/16"
Routed for LSR roller nut
Schaller mini locking tuners
6105 fretwire
finished in clear gloss

Ordered all my hardware with it. Next paycheck is my pickups and the case and then it all goes to the luthier.

AMPED.  :headbang1:

There was a time when  this guitar was all but guaranteed a canary neck. There was also a time I was convinced on wenge/ebony. When you wait almost 8 months to order, time does funny things to your mind. :)

Ya know. Ive put together many wood Strat combos, and I truly love them all to death for thier unique tone signature... but at the end of the day,  Alder and quilt Maple with a Maple neck  is *still the best sounding Strat, IMO (  with a  Pau fretboard for me) . Very well done indeed!

I have a Canary neck and love it to death.  I also have a Wenge neck that I am still working on that I think I will love to death.  It just feels so good not even attached to the body.
However, there is just something about the looks of a nice Birdseye Maple neck; gotta love the looks... :glasses9:
Can't wait to see pics of this baby assembled. 
:rock-on:

Back