Evo Pickups...Comments?

TTU Shredder

So I am thinking of getting some evo pickups, mostly because they seem to be the best for my price range. The thing is, I have never put any new pick ups in any guitar I have. Does anybody have any suggestions or comments about the Evo's or any other pickups that might be good?

I absolutely LOVE the Evolution neck pickup.  A great lead tone through a good tube amp.  I've never used the bridge model.

-Rose

I play along a mixed style of harmonics, hammers and slides. I dont know if that helps or not, but I cant seem to think of a player that best suits who I am.

I have 'em in my Ibanez Jem.  Very high output, a little bit of saturation, cuts like a razor through the mix, but surprisingly articulate at the same time.  If you're building a superstrat or other type of guitar in that style, I wouldn't hesitate getting another one.  And this is coming from someone who keeps buying Seymour Duncans. :)

erik

TTU Shredder said:
I play along a mixed style of harmonics, hammers and slides. I dont know if that helps or not, but I cant seem to think of a player that best suits who I am.

I'vs heard that the evos pull those out really easy. I've been lookin at gettin a set for a while now. I say go for it!

evo is great!! at the BRIDGE, kinda muddy and not defined at the neck, i suggest a duncan JB wich somehow, is about exactly the same, but has a more responsive feel to it, also sounds alot like the neck evo, but doesnt mudd out, i play metal, so i dont mean mudding out in a good way.....just clean you get a blast of coliding overtones rather  a shimmer.....that the jb gets

evo is damn exccelent in the bridge tho

Back