EVH R.I.P.

Just saw this on thegearpage

Never was the hugest fan, but respected the hell out of what he did.  Only a handful of guitarists fundamentally changed the instrument, where it was never approached / played the same again.  He was one of them.

RIP EVH

R.I.P. Eddie, glad I got to meet you when I did...Godspeed
120743470_3586027381447732_127075897498041035_n.jpg

Man. I can't tell you how many times I air guitar'd Eruption in my bedroom as a teen. Two minutes of music that changed the game, and inspired so many great players after him. Pour a little out for a guitar legend.

I remember hearing VH 1 for the first time shortly after it came out when my best friend played it for me. We were speechless. Eruption reset the compass for all of us. Go easy Eddie, you started with little when your family moved here and gave so much.

He leaves behind a huge legacy and influence on guitar. Tot Ziens Eddie, we zullen je missen.

While there are many great guitar players, very few have pioneered so many facets of our craft as much as Eddie - be it amp tuning, tone, technique or even custom guitar building (Frankenstrat, d-tuna, etc.). Even those of us in this forum who are not fans of his are in some way influenced by him. R.I.P.

I dare say he inspired me to  rip a guitar apart and try to make it better. I owe him a debt of gratitude for that. The original modder.

Rip  :sad:

I guess Janie's going to be crying again for a difference reason when she learns about this sad news

#GOAT.

I was so weird.  Over dinner the other night my sons and I were discussing the health of some music Icons.  Eddie, Ozzy, Mick all came up.  Hard to believe two days late Eddie is gone.    :-(

Oh ok the guy who played guitar for David Lee Roth before Steve Vai

Yeah he was pretty good liked him. Only wrote like 40 or 50 solid songs and revolutionized guitar

This wonderful reminder of Ed's prolifically inventive side comes to you from the Lowering the Bar blog, which details weird, unusual, and stupid things that happen in the law. Here we have the most amazing drawing ever to accompany a patent filing.

EVH-large.jpg

Bagman67 said:
This wonderful reminder of Ed's prolifically inventive side comes to you from the Lowering the Bar blog, which details weird, unusual, and stupid things that happen in the law. Here we have the most amazing drawing ever to accompany a patent filing.

EVH-large.jpg
I ran across this sometime back and laughed hysterically... :laughing7:

I'm just so devastated. It's the only word that makes sense to use. Total devastation.

All week I've just been jamming on my Warmoth, which I built as a tribute to Eddie, I just can't seem to do anything else right now. Thank God it's a long weekend, working through this has been a nightmare.

Rest in peace Eddie Van Halen.

Back