Evertune Jazzmaster

e_chord

Sorry, I've posted these pics in 3 other posts but I just got the body and neck yesterday.  Hope to get started this weekend.

My goal for this was to make a bare bones rock machine.

Specs:
Black Korina Jazzmaster body Satin finish
Wenge neck Macassar Ebony fingerboard
Evertune bridge
Bare Knuckle Blackhawk humbuckers
volume and 3 way switch

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 11
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 5
  • photo 1(1).JPG
    photo 1(1).JPG
    2 MB · Views: 48
  • photo 2(2).JPG
    photo 2(2).JPG
    2 MB · Views: 26
dry fit the bridge....
see thread...
http://unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=22845.0;topicseen

Yeah I'm curious too  :icon_biggrin:

That body wood looks awesome!

Loving all the options you've pulled together so far!  :icon_thumright:
Looking forward to this one! :guitarplayer2:

Took a bit of work to get the bridge on, had to increase the screw holes for the bridge faceplate to fit.  Also the screws on the back don't match up with the Evertune backplate.

Attachments

• photo(1).JPG
    photo(1).JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 26
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 14
  • photo 3(1).JPG
    photo 3(1).JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 18
almost done, need to set the action and file the nut and reverse the tuners(oops).

Attachments

• 1-20-2014 268.JPG
    1-20-2014 268.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 9
  • 1-20-2014 271.JPG
    1-20-2014 271.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 14
  • 1-20-2014 281.JPG
    1-20-2014 281.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 5
  • photo 1(9).JPG
    photo 1(9).JPG
    496.1 KB · Views: 36
e_chord said:
Also the screws on the back don't match up with the Evertune backplate.
I bet they have drilled for one of there own (Warmoths) trem backplates.

They, at Warmoth, really gotta get all this fixed up with these Evertune systems.  :doh:

BTW great looking build ya got going here.  :icon_thumright:

Ok here is the story on the Evertune bridges. Warmoth is no longer routing for this bridge it has become apparent that the bridge has changed and evolved over the last few years since we originally programmed them back in 2010ish. I can tell you that the sample bridges I have from Evertune during the initial programming fit the bridge route program they provided, and the initial bodies we sold with this routes never had issues reported to us on installation problems. I don't know what has changed with the bridge but with the lack of customer requests for this bridge and the issues with installing it, even Evertune has had issue with install is the rumor, we are stepping out of this and letting Evertune route bodies for their bridges. If some one really wants this bridge we can build a body and omit the bridge route which will allow the customer to send the body to Evertune, or one of there approved installers, for proper fit and installation. We are sorry for those who have run into issues with installing the bridge it is not our intent or desire to provide replacement parts that are problematic, but if is very hard to know when and what niche manufactures like Evertune change specs and designs. If you have questions or issues I would please ask that you contact sales@warmoth.com directly.

Best regards,

Sean

I have a question for anyone familiar with macassar ebony.  If you look at the images of the fretboard that I posted there are what appears to be some kind of glossy finish that looks like it dripped sporadically on the fretboard.  I'm guessing that is the case unless this is a common characteristic of macassar ebony?  I haven't seen anything similar to this when looking at images of macassar ebony so I assume it was accidental by Warmoth, if anyone can tell me either way it would be appreciated!

That's a shame that Warmoth isn't routing for the evertune anymore-- it's an incredible bridge and my only issue besides the poorly done paper thin section between the bridge humbucker and evertune is that the pickguard screws don't align but that was an easy fix.

e_chord said:
I have a question for anyone familiar with macassar ebony.  If you look at the images of the fretboard that I posted there are what appears to be some kind of glossy finish that looks like it dripped sporadically on the fretboard.  I'm guessing that is the case unless this is a common characteristic of macassar ebony?  I haven't seen anything similar to this when looking at images of macassar ebony so I assume it was accidental by Warmoth, if anyone can tell me either way it would be appreciated!

That's a shame that Warmoth isn't routing for the evertune anymore-- it's an incredible bridge and my only issue besides the poorly done paper thin section between the bridge humbucker and evertune is that the pickguard screws don't align but that was an easy fix.

What part is paper thin? It looks like where you would mount the screws is solid, and that would be the only part that matters.

This is Cosmos from EverTune.

I really respect Warmoth for being the first parts company to try pre-routing bodies for the EverTune bridge.

With regards to Sean's comments. We have never changed the specs on this model since it's release nor have we changed our templates which are used for installation. We sell about 1 - 2 template sets per week and have never had a report about installation issues. All of our installs are done by 3rd parties so if there were issues, they would tell us.

$45 to add the EverTune technology was an UNBELIEVABLE price, especially since 3rd party installers charge 5 - 6 times that much. We can completely understand why Warmoth would only do this if it were easy. If they have to QC some issues with holes being mis-aligned or too small because of finish build up, etc. it makes perfect sense to us why they would wash their hands of the whole thing. Warmoth wants happy customers, and for that price and those volumes of orders, they made the choice to drop out of the game for awhile. Maybe they will come back as we gain more happy customers.

We very much hope so as we feel these issues could be easily resolved if enough Warmoth customers want the option. For example, if Warmoth charged $95 for the option instead of $45 and kept one bridge on hand to test fit to each route, maybe any installation issues would be caught and corrected once at Warmoth before going out to customers.

Either way, we are impressed that Warmoth gave us a try and hope to meet up again in the near future.

Cosmos

Cosmos - I'm sure I don't speak for myself when I say welcome to the board, and thank you for your contribution.

In my experience, Warmoth is one of those companies that doesn't believe in the "hammer to fit, paint to match" scheme of specifications, unlike some companies I could mention. When they say a neck is 2 3/16" wide at the heel, they don't mean 2 13/64". It's precisely that size, as are the pockets they fit into. So, it may well be a finish issue that people are having trouble with in regards to your part.

I wonder if they'll continue to offer the routing option after the public spanking they've gotten, but I hope so. I haven't used one of your bridges yet, but I'm not opposed to the idea. Few things are as aggravating as an out-of-tune guitar.

e_chord said:

Those "spots" are a natural feature of ebony (not just macassar), although it does not show in all pieces. I've seen necks with only one "spot" and others spotted like a Dalmation.

Back