Ever change your mind while waiting for Warmoth?

And in the spirit of friendliness it was a question not a jump to a conclusion. I guess I don't understand the order it and cancel it not driven by saving money but in the end a few bucks are saved  :dontknow:

I could be wrong here, but I don't think you pay a restocking fee on a return. It's odd that if you cancel an order you lose 25% but if you receive the order and return it, you don't. I guess there's shipping, etc involved.

rlefty said:
I could be wrong here, but I don't think you pay a restocking fee on a return. It's odd that if you cancel an order you lose 25% but if you receive the order and return it, you don't. I guess there's shipping, etc involved.

On returns shipping, customs etc are not refunded. You also need an RMA. I would think if someone also returned something just because of changing their mind rather than due to a defect a restocking fee may also apply.

https://warmoth.com/order-changes

https://warmoth.com/returns

stratamania said:
I would think if someone also returned something just because of changing their mind rather than due to a defect a restocking fee may also apply.

Not sure why you would think that as it's not referenced in the returns policy you linked to (which I'd already read).

rlefty said:
stratamania said:
I would think if someone also returned something just because of changing their mind rather than due to a defect a restocking fee may also apply.

Not sure why you would think that as it's not referenced in the returns policy you linked to (which I'd already read).

I mentioned that I think it may apply not that it definitively will or will not. The policy does not state one way or the other so it may be dependent on the individual circumstances.

It's a money back guarantee , no restock fee .
I returned a neck I didn't want and it cost only the shipping to return.
If the order is still being built it's a restock fee. It's worth the restock not to have to ship back to me .
  Slow,  I think that's a good idea about keeping the neck .
You're so right to make this project onto something you really want . We all spend a lot of money on these part's guitars and there not worth what we spend as far a resale . Actually there worth about 50% of what they cost and not easy to sell usually . Don't get me wrong there worth the cost to me personally just not to the buying public. Make is something you'll love !

Every time I custom order I end up second guessing myself as I wait.  I have not cancelled or changed any, and once they are built I am always impressed.  If you cancel, it I may buy it from the Screamin' Deals section!

It generally takes me quite a while to distill down a plan for an instrument. I feel blessed that I have felt solid about the end results so far. I did cancel one order and paid the fee as cost-of-doing-business and on another project I changed the whole project while waiting and still have the neck in a box with the non-standard inlays I paid the $90 for. I used the body with a different neck and went in a different direction. At some point that shelved project will get completed. All in due time but I tend to think there is a lot of following your gut in these matters.

Probably 50% of my orders never wind up on a finished guitar that I keep. Most parts end up getting finished at least but plans change all the time, sometimes an idea has to sit with you a couple years. And in the meantime I may come across a guitar that's functionally similar to one I was planning on or in the progress of building.

It's priced in to my hobby.

Back