Epiphone

SnakeGS

So i cant afford a gibson right now and really i cant afford to build my warmoth until way late of next year. Now i know gibson is way better however does anyone own an epiphone les paul and if so what do you like about it or should i just go buy one and leave it at that lol

I would buy a Korean LP copy before I would buy a Chinese Epiphone!
and it will most likely be cheaper too!

I have read some really good reviews of the Micheal Kelly LP (or whatever they call it) and the Hagstrom superswede
you may also check the Agile LP's... they were a bit of a hype a couple of years ago.

dean gutiars has a nice looking LP, just not sure how they are never played them

http://www.deanguitars.com/home.php

You might want to check out the Paul Reed Smith SE guitar series; they are priced like the Epiphones, but a lot better quality.

dont get me wrong i would love to own a les paul but im an E4 in the military with a wife and two kids its hard as hell to save 2k for something i use but dont use enough to spend that kinda money on a guitar. I do however love the LP style guitar thats why i suggested the Epiphone. I have seen the SE PRS at guitar center but never played it.

Take a look at Xaviere guitars at guitarfetish.com. Alot of bang for your buck. The only thing i'd do is replace the crappy tuners, but the pickups they use sound decent. It'll be good enough to hold you over until your Warmoth, and better than most stock epiphones.

i had a discussion about warmoth LP over Gibson LP and it is 5 pages deep but im stuck on making my own guitar or saving for a gibson. My Warmoth LP would be around 1400 or so and to what i wanted its just hard to save that kinda money with two kids and military pay lol

PRS SE singlecut is a great value in a Les Paul-type guitar. Simple, effective, and with better pickups and hardware than Epiphone uses. They go for cheap used, too:
http://newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/msg/1380469561.html

+ 1000 on the PRS SE models.
I owned one during some dark days when I had no Warmoths, and it was a very nice guitar, good enough to gig with for the time I owned it.

I played an Epi LP a few weeks ago and was impressed.  While not as nice as my Warmoths, the finish and sound was great. 

I have a Birdseye maple top epi lp and I love. Got it for my 16th birthday and still have. Upgraded the pups to duncan JB and 59. Sounds great. Neven seen another Birdseye topped epi (or Gibson for that matter).

Bearing in mind I love my epi, feels and sounds great, but I don't know if I'd buy another one. I think you can get some much better guitars for similar money. I agree with the PRS SE. You could also look at an Edwards or Orville LP, both made n japan and fantastic guitars value for money.

jimh said:
I have a Birdseye maple top epi lp and I love. Got it for my 16th birthday and still have. Upgraded the pups to duncan JB and 59. Sounds great. Neven seen another Birdseye topped epi (or Gibson for that matter).

post a pic....

has anyone owned a dean guitar, they have a LP style with EMG's in it

also im kinda into the ORVILLE but were the heck can i get one lol, the price is nice but how is the quality

Hey Snake what service and where? And thanks for volunteering, you guys are my heros. I did 5 years In the Marine Corp. 

Did you know the Marine Corp is a dept. of the Navy?  yes, it's the Mens Dept. Ooh Rah! Semper Fi

dmraco said:
jimh said:

post a pic....

will do, but down at my parents place this weekend while guitar is up at mine. I'll see if I can find an old pic in the interim on my dads computer.

Burny/Greco/Edwards/Orville are exceptional value for money. Slightly more expensive than an Epi, often rivaling Gibson in quality. I love my Hagström Swede, but it's all mahogany so slightly more mellow than standard LP fare.
For the Japanese clone guitars though, you'll probably have to find a store that do their own importing.

Alfang said:
Hey Snake what service and where? And thanks for volunteering, you guys are my heros. I did 5 years In the Marine Corp.  

Did you know the Marine Corp is a dept. of the Navy?  yes, it's the Mens Dept. Ooh Rah! Semper Fi

Yea bro thanks for your service as well marines are tuff mothers ;), i did 4 years with the navy now im army which i should have done in the first place lol.

Anyone know were i can find a Greco or Orville besides Ebay, they seem to be non existent lol

what about an ESP LTD EC-401

Back