EMG Shape Pickups?

Johnny Winter was a God in his own right; comes up to KC to play about once a year, didn't bother this year after rounding a bunch of people up and going to last year's show; it was just too sad... Mind gone from drugs (meth?) been essentially playing the same set for going on two decades, but back in the day... One of the best blues shows I ever saw was in Dallas back in the early 70's. Johnny/Edgar double bill at State Fair Music Hall; Freddie King, Albert Collins and some other folks showed up to jam and they played till past midnight till the venue called the cops and pulled the plus.  Shame...

Hey Jack, you mentioned earlier that if phry could recognize you from your little pic, he might know you , or something like that.

I think your little pic looks like Sammy Haggar,  no offense, thats a compliment

Man, Freddie, Albert Collins, and Johnny... If I could have been a puddle of beer spilled on that stage I could not have been happier.  That is my kind of blues!

Yeah, I get that a lot (Hagar) since I started doing the blond highlights to mask the gray during an internet date to Dubai to meet an art professor; first thing she did was go Fab Five on me. If you're a inebriated female I can guess your blood-alcohol to within .02 based on which aging rock star you think I look like when you hit on me....

jackthehack said:
Yeah, I get that a lot (Hagar) since I started doing the blond highlights to mask the gray during an internet date to Dubai to meet an art professor; first thing she did was go Fab Five on me. If you're a inebriated female I can guess your blood-alcohol to within .02 based on which aging rock star you think I look like when you hit on me....

Sammy Hagar? More like Alex van Halen!

ok, I have seen your website... ;)

Kenny G? That's one of the few I don't think I ever heard....

In this drag I wound up taking pictures/signing autographs for the drunken birthday girl's table at Eddie V's in Austin, as they were convinced I was Joe Walsh:

golfing.jpg

I was terrified last Halloween when more than one person was SO drunk they thought this looked like Rod Stewart; had the bouncer take one girl's keys away:

Rod.JPG

I can almost see the Sammy Hagar thing, depending on how humidity/wind direction have affect the 'fro on a given day

JackNew.jpg

The trick is never take the sunglasses off, and if you're cute enough, the correct answer is "YES, I am...can I buy you another triple margharita?"

i see a little phil spector  :laughing7:  just bs in  don't take me serious, i like to fudge with people that can't take a swing at me.

wow this thread has totally shifted topics.

well i guess if you dress like your from texas drunk women think you must be famous. i don't know why but it's true.
i had a buddy when i was stationed in north carlolina we called tex. he was really an oklabilly but didn't want anyone  to know. anyway i can remember being at the bar with him and his cowboy hat and two older women swore he was famous. they asked if he was kenny chesney. his real name just happened to be james brown so his natural response was no but you have heard of me.
if they were a few years younger i'm sure we'd be buying them some triple margaritas.

guitlouie said:
I've heard he played 13's, but I hear alot of things. 
jackthehack said:
At least 12's, but he didn't play a standard set, the lower strings were WAY big...

both right. i had a book by dan erlewine on guitar repair. he interviewed the guitar techs for several pro's giving the spec's of there axe's string height gauge p/u's and there height. trem setup nut height. any thing you'd need to copy it. he switched between the two sizes and if his fingers got too sore on some rare ocasions he'd swap only the 1'st string for an 11.
i've tried playing on some 12's with my flying v. not too bad but it has a shorter scale. i use an .011 on my strat partially because .012's are imposible to find(even .011's can be a chalenge to find) and partially because i don't like my fingers to bleed. they say stevie played till his calouses came off then he'd glue'em back on and play some more. that's crazy!

You know, Jack, judging solely from your little profile picture (not the others; in those, we can tell you're gettin old), but from the little picture alone, I'd say you look like "the guy" from Nickelback.

:laughing11:

Back