EL VENOM 5 - Warmoth Blank + Warmoth 5 String neck

Maelinbass

Hi there, just wanted to share my new toy. It´s my 2nd build (first with Warmoth Parts). I decided to go with Warmoth blank and neck because of the high quality of their stuff. I already own 2 Warmoth bass (Jazz bass & Explorerbird).

The blank it´s (was) Alder and the neck it´s maple. Tuners and bridge Schaller, Seymour Duncan pickups (alnico neck / ceramic bridge)...V-V-T.

I got the Alder blank out of a Screaming Deal in the W page....cost me almost nothing...

Finished with: Sealer, Minwax Express water stains (Onyx & Indigo) and 10 rounds of Tru Oil...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqzeAOm7E0s

stratamania said:
Nice groove...I like the tone too, what are the pickups and so on ?

Thanks!!!

The pickups are Seymour Duncan SMB5, the one in the neck position it´s Alnico and the one on the bridge it´s ceramic. All passive wiring, extremely hot pickups. I can get various tones out of them.

The bass weights around 8.5 pounds, I´ve recorded a few covers with it.....the strings are Earnie Ball Super Slinky , gauge 40 to 125.

Pods are Fender 250K, 2 volumes 1 master tone.

Hi there, here are the pics of the whole DIY process, hope you like it.

I was aiming for a "Faux Relic Blueburst" sort of finish....and all I can say that I´m very pleased with the end result, but that is a matter of taste for each and everyone.

Any questions, I´ll be more than glad to answer,

Cheers,

Maelin

Attachments

• venom 1.jpg
    venom 1.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 354
  • venom 3.jpg
    venom 3.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 342
  • venom 6.jpg
    venom 6.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 367
  • venom 5.jpg
    venom 5.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 362
  • venom 7.jpg
    venom 7.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 365
  • venom 8.jpg
    venom 8.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 380
  • venom 9.jpg
    venom 9.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 344
  • venom 12.jpg
    venom 12.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 364
  • venom 13.jpg
    venom 13.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 373
  • venom 15.jpg
    venom 15.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 358
  • venom 16.jpg
    venom 16.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 372
  • venom 19.jpg
    venom 19.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 337
  • venom 21.jpg
    venom 21.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 378
  • venom 24.jpg
    venom 24.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 353
  • venom 25.jpg
    venom 25.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 348
Like it! Looks like a cartoon version of a bass. Looks like you had a lot of fun putting it together too!

Fat Pete said:
Like it! Looks like a cartoon version of a bass. Looks like you had a lot of fun putting it together too!

ahahha..yep, it kinda looks funny, Voivod it´s one of my all time favorite bands and I wanted a "Sci Fi Prog Metal" kinda look....and this came out.

But, if you see my vids, you will notice that it seats perfectly, it´s actually a pretty confie bass to play with.

Thanks for watching

I'm such a fatty, I stared at the grill a little longer than the guitar...

That's one funky bass body!

Back