Edge radius on contoured Tele bodies?

jm11324

I want a telecaster so badly, but can't play the standard slab body comfortably. Even the T-type guitars with belly cuts and forearm contours I've tried such as the Chapman ML3 and Schecter PT Special have a bit of an edge, I guess due to the faux binding they feature.

Are the edges on the contoured Warmoth tele bodies as rounded as they are on a strat?

I found that warmoth's tele Bodies are pretty comfortable even without the Forearm Contour. The Forearm Contour should make it a non issue. What guitar s do you find comfortable?

I found that warmoth's tele Bodies are pretty comfortable even without the Forearm Contour. The Forearm Contour should make it a non issue. What guitar s do you find comfortable?

Strats, but I like tele bridge pickups and a P90 in the neck. I also like the string through body on teles. I know I could get a hard tail strat body with a universal route and all that, but I also love the looks of a tele, just not the ergonomics.

Well, your in luck, the warmoth forearm contour solves that problem. Unless there's another problem?

In other tele-style guitars, I've felt like the contour is a big improvement, but that alone isn't enough for me if there's no bevel.

The examples I've seen online make the Warmoth edges on contoured tele bodies look pretty smooth, but I guess I had better call Warmoth directly and find out exactly what the bevel radius is.

In other tele-style guitars, I've felt like the contour is a big improvement, but that alone isn't enough for me if there's no bevel.

The examples I've seen online make the Warmoth edges on contoured tele bodies look pretty smooth, but I guess I had better call Warmoth directly and find out exactly what the bevel radius is.
You could also try a "hybrid strat" body; its a comfy strat shape with the tele style bridge and pickguard/routing. Mine's a baritone with humbuckers, but you get the idea.

72243522-D36D-4DD3-881D-54E85C14816E copy.JPG

I recall Warmoth use a larger radius on Tele bodies than what Fender use. I don't know the exact radius, but it is still a much sharper edge than a Strat body. It might feel slightly different but it looks pretty much the same as a regular Tele.

Last edited:
Even the T-type guitars with belly cuts and forearm contours I've tried such as the Chapman ML3 and Schecter PT Special have a bit of an edge, I guess due to the faux binding they feature.

If a Warmoth Tele with forearm contour, tummy cut, and contoured heel rubs you wrong in any way ... well, I just don't know what to say. I have one and it's the most comfortable guitar I have ever played. Actually, I should have another one arriving tomorrow! o_O

If a Warmoth Tele with forearm contour, tummy cut, and contoured heel rubs you wrong in any way ... well, I just don't know what to say. I have one and it's the most comfortable guitar I have ever played. Actually, I should have another one arriving tomorrow! o_O

I would love to see pictures of it if you wouldn't mind.

Pictures won't really show you. You need to see it person. If you want Pictures though just put the words tele and forearm into the search bar. You should find a bunch. But I think there's something else going on with how you hold the guitar. Is it different when you play standing up?

Don't have good photos to highlight the radius right now, but I will try soon.

This is the best I can come up with right now to show the Warmoth Tele forearm contour (I didn't try too hard because I'm home from work sick and feeling like a total turd). The one I just got is satin black and didn't look as clear in the pic from my antique Samsung Galaxy S5.Tele Forearm Contour.jpg

Curious if different edge radii are available? Can a Tele be ordered with the edge radius of a Strat and vice versa? Can a body be ordered without any edge radius?

Curious if different edge radii are available? Can a Tele be ordered with the edge radius of a Strat and vice versa? Can a body be ordered without any edge radius?
As of 2021 it was available.

I remember a looooong time ago you could add different radii to different bodies. I’m sure a few customers inadvertently ordered rounded teles and squared Strats so it was moved off-menu.

Part of me wants to do a rounded Tele like Holdsworth’s Carvin.

Back