Ebony neck

Y

yyz2112

Has Warmoth discontinued rhe use of ebony as a neck wood? I don't see it listed as a choice. Is it a special order wood?

They might be able to do it for you.

But I recall a thread last month about a guy who couldn't get his ebony neck straight. Might want to look into why that was.

I thought that solid ebony necks were rarities that only show up in the showcase every once in a while?

Yeah, I think that they are showcase only things, but you'd have to ask.  I have two of them so they do exist, but really they show up every 6 months or so.
Patrick

might depend on what kind of neck style you want - I'll have to check. I know that on the site some neck styles have very limited options now.

edit - I checked - looks like it's not an option. I'd call and ask to be sure.

We can do them, depending on if we have the wood available to use as the shaft.  I've seen several custom Ebony/Ebony necks go out over the past couple of months, one was Jet Black on Jet Black, with no face dots.  It was like the Obelisk in 2001:  A Space Odyssey -  smooth as glass and a thing to behold.  Be prepared for sticker-shock, though, they can be quite expensive.  The ones in the Showcase for $495 are an absolute bargain.  Just shoot an email to sales@warmoth.com if you want a quote.

John
Warmoth Sales

There was one on Ebay over the weekend, for 250.
the description was kind of vague, so I asked some questions about the condition and age. I fully intended to buy anyway, but as always lately was too late. it was gone even before I got a response.

Marko said:
There was one on Ebay over the weekend, for 250.
the description was kind of vague, so I asked some questions about the condition and age. I fully intended to buy anyway, but as always lately was too late. it was gone even before I got a response.

I saw that one and it piqued my curiosity.

nathana said:
Am I the only one who ISN'T constantly scouring ebay for W finds?

There is an occasional deal to be had, though I'm very leery of buying necks-any necks, not just W-from ebay.

Back