Ebay steal

spauldingrules

I just got a Warmoth VW flamed maple over black korina with 3 P-90s and Wilkinson bridge for $300.  Pretty sweet. 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=190172987453&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=009

Let me know what you think!

- TS

Excellent! I was actually looking at that one earlier today, I have a friend who keeps rumbling about putting together a 3 P-90 guitar. That's a killer buy.

Crap!  That's a steal.  Nice flame on that body, too! What kind of P90s? You could spend more than that price on just pickups and bridge.

woah! good job son! i don't think you could have landed on a better bargain!

I read your post and thought you just won the body itself... Then I clicked the link.

"Steal" is right!  :hello2:

Maybe it's just the pics, I don't know, but it sure seems theres a lot of room between the pups, normally 3 double wide pups like that are cramped for space. or are p90s narrower than regular humbuckers?

It looks too good to be true for $300.00, nice

Alfang said:
Maybe it's just the pics, I don't know, but it sure seems theres a lot of room between the pups, normally 3 double wide pups like that are cramped for space. or are p90s narrower than regular humbuckers?

It looks too good to be true for $300.00, nice

Although you can get P90s in HB form factors, regular P90s are indeed thinner than a std. HB

I looked at that one, too, but the last couple of times the guy listed it the reserve was set way higher.... The Kent Armstrong P90s alone would run you about $215 ordered from the website, nice catch!

I really wanted a Korina LP or a Thinline with HBs, but I think this will be a fun little project.  Can't go wrong for the price!  Anyone with a LP hardtail, H-H VIP, H-H VW, or Thinline routed H-H interested in a trade?

to steal means to take, as in free, we in America say it was a steal when something was incredibly cheap.

other than that, i am jealous, and inspired. i've considered a 3 P90 with a strat setup, a push pull to activate the neck pup, and a push pull to put the middle and bridge in series.  never knew what body to go with until know.  this is something to put on the wish list. not a fan of the P90, but always wanted to try it.

Random idea: P90 style bass pickup, every one is into the humbucking soap bar, or the played out p bass or j bass pup. nordstrand makes a super fat jazz pup. i always wanted to make a hotroded version of that, and am now thinking of something along the lines of a P90 for bass. 
steel poles, 1 ceramic and 1 alnico magnet, kind of a dark star rip off, but with mismatched magnets.

that thing is pretty sweet.
but for me a VW body needs a flat quilt top birdseye fretboard and an EB headstock. change anything else just keep those 3 things

NonsenseTele said:
Stole in english is like VERY CHEAP, right?

If is this, in Brazil it's the opposite... :icon_biggrin:

depends on who is doing the stealing. the customer or the vendor.
but if it's the vendor seting a high price we tend to use the word robbed or robery.

Back