EB headstock

I

ildar

Is the Ernie Ball headstock available as a custom order, or has it been scrubbed altogether?
Sorry if this has been discussed before.

Also, can W make a straight head version of the Warmoth shape, again, as a custom order?

Nah.  You can run in to mechanical problems with string pull if you take the Warmoth tiltback and put it on a straight headstock.  You'd see similar issues if you tried to make a straight LP, etc.....

There is a Warmoth straight headstock though.  Go take a look at Gregg's 7/8 strat.

Do you mean the strings not breaking over the nut? If that's what you're referring to, staggered tuners or a string retainer bar ala Floyd Rose would solve that.

I Cannae do it Captain.........She just doesnt have the power ! ! ! !    :icon_tongue:

ildar said:
Do you mean the strings not breaking over the nut? If that's what you're referring to, staggered tuners or a string retainer bar ala Floyd Rose would solve that.

String pull would not be straight and, yes, could be solved by a bar retainer.  However, ownership is not keen on taking tiltback headstock designs and trying to make straight headstocks.

Wyliee said:
ildar said:

String pull would not be straight and, yes, could be solved by a bar retainer.  However, ownership is not keen on taking tiltback headstock designs and trying to make straight headstocks.

I get it, its like a door.... opening...  and closing.

Wyliee said:
ildar said:

String pull would not be straight

And yet the KWS design proliferates. Not exactly straight string pull on that one either. Oh well.

ildar said:
Wyliee said:
ildar said:

And yet the KWS design proliferates. Not exactly straight string pull on that one either. Oh well.
hahaha......I think you got him on that........touche.

DangerousR6 said:
ildar said:
Wyliee said:
ildar said:

Yum.  Tastes like egg.  Anyone got some hot sauce?
hahaha......I think you got him on that........touche.

Just wanted to clarify I wasn't trying to "get" anyone. I just find the logic inconsistent.

Back