Easiest First Build?

I just did my first build, a tele, and honestly, with all the help available here, with so many experienced and helpful people on this site, they can guide you through any silly newbie issue you have, as they did with me  :toothy10:

I probably stressed more than I needed to. If you get a finished body, and a neck that either is finished or doesn't need a finish, like roasted maple (that's what I went with) then it's bolt on neck, drill holes for pickguard, screwing on the bridge, tuners, string ferrules, strap pins, etc. And wiring the PU's wasn't as bad as I thought after practicing soldering a bit on some scrap wires. I also got a preloaded control plate from 920D
https://920dcustom.com/collections/top-customer-picks-1/products/fender-telecaster-loaded-3-way-control-plate-cts-pots-crl-switch-tele
which meant I literally soldered the grounds together, then those to the pot, then the two hot leads from the PU's to the correct spots. That's it.

I imagine someone that really knows what they are doing could do all that I did in an hour or two. I spent more time watching a bazillion videos on the bazillion ways to solder, to setup a tele, etc.
Now I can't wait to have the extra cash to order parts for another build  :icon_biggrin:

Back