Earvana nuts

I think maybe he means did anyone try the install service, which I assume is too new. But I will try it at least once. I installed a retrofit model on a Tele, and while there does seem to be a little 'sitar-ism' on the B string, I do notice less beating in open chords and even further up. I think the price for the install is very fair, and I look forward to trying it out. If it's Warmoth, I doubt I'll be disappointed.

It was introduced with the new website. 

It really is a great feature for the price.  The Corian Nut is an ideal material as it feels, and as some say, sounds like real bone, but does not fragment like real bone does when you work with it.

Open chords sound more true, intonation is corrected, and due to the additional material added, it has a bit more resonance while playing open chords.

Tony, is it really made out of the same corian that your other nuts are made out of? My old Earvana was made out of a cheap soft plastic, and string vibrations quickly wore the slots into the sitar thing. I would love to hear that you guys play the heck out of it, and that it's just as sturdy and hard as any other nut. Is that true?

I ordered an Earvana nut when I ordered my LP.  Now I'm wondering if it is going to be corian or plastic.  Still got 4-6 weeks left before shipping. 

Ohhhhhhh, EAR vana...... :doh: I thought ya'll were talking about Nirvana's nuts.....i was like ...
wtf.gif

hannaugh said:
I ordered an Earvana nut when I ordered my LP.  Now I'm wondering if it is going to be corian or plastic.  Still got 4-6 weeks left before shipping. 
The ones we install we mill out of blocks of Corian, exactly the same as our other installed nuts.  The ones we sell separately come from Earvana and are injection-molded plastic.

See this page for more info; http://www.warmoth.com/Guitar/Necks/StringNut.aspx

When doing an Earvana Nut Prep, we use White Corian as the material stock. With the fretboard material removed to accomodate it, it also results in more mass on the nut itself.  It plays and sounds wonderful.

Thanks Tony.  I read that, but couldn't tell if it would work on conversion necks (24 3/4 scale).  It seems like having a shorter scale would impact how the earvana nut works.

Technically, all conversion necks with a straight headstock (strat,tele, etc.) are warmoth pro construction, so to answer you question directely, the answer is "Yes".

bwbass said:
hannaugh said:
The ones we install we mill out of blocks of Corian, exactly the same as our other installed nuts.  The ones we sell separately come from Earvana and are injection-molded plastic.

I can't change it either, huh?  Noooooooo!!!

hannaugh said:
bwbass said:
hannaugh said:

this is what happened to me and started off my insane nut odyssey that completely messed up my mind and took years off of my life. :laughing7:

I'd advise consulting your sales rep, or contact sales@warmoth.com

I'm transitioning into another department, so I cannot answer your question.

Very cool... can you make nuts compensated for a wound G string?

And can I still tune a guitar with an Earvana nut with my TU2? ...at the 5th fret? ...with harmonics?

dbw said:
Very cool... can you make nuts compensated for a wound G string?

And can I still tune a guitar with an Earvana nut with my TU2? ...at the 5th fret? ...with harmonics?

why do you do that?

you tune the same as always

GoDrex said:
hannaugh said:
bwbass said:
hannaugh said:

I'll think I'll be okay.  If it really annoys me (which I doubt it will), I'll change it later.  I think I'll be too busy flying out of the walls of my mind (my friend's favorite expression) at the fact that I even have a high end electric for that to bother me.  At least in the beginning... later on down the road I'll probably do some little changes as I see fit. 

this is what happened to me and started off my insane nut odyssey that completely messed up my mind and took years off of my life. :laughing7:

Back