Duncan STK-T3B or BG 1400 for Mahogany Jazzcaster with WENGE/Ebony Neck

JDLM

In between these two for the Mahogany Tele I'm building. BG 1400 cost twice but $ is not an issue for this one. I want an organic rock and lousy tone but still articulate and good for riffs. What do you suggest? Thanks a ton!

No experience with either, but from what I just read, the BG 1400 looks like a higher-output option.  If you want a vintage-ish sound, either one could probably be ok, but if you want it to mate well with a hotter neck pickup (some folks liking mini-HBs or HBs in the neck), the BG 1400 seems like it might balance out better in combo pickup positions.

That's strange I posted a reply to this yesterday.

I have an STK3B, which I think would be up to the job, but if you prefer something hotter perhaps the BG1400. If money's no object you could try the STK3B first and then the BG1400 if needed.

Oh yeah, I had this posting on the general chatter section but was suggested to remove it and put it here. That's why I reposted it here. Thanks so much stratamania for bear with both postings. Still figuring this site out. Cheers!

Ah that explains it.

Generally I tend to look at new unread posts or replies to posts. So I tend to see things regardless of category.

Back