Dumb question about truss rod....

wolf

Errrr, this is a dumb question!

Is this correct???

Headstock    TRUSS ADJUSTMENT    Body
                                    LOOSE===>
                          <====TIGHT

Thank :p

Left=Loose  Right=Tight        Just like a regular wood screw.  ( left being anti-clockwise )

If you are talking about the side mounted adjust microtuning truss rod thing on the Pro necks, then yes you are correct.  Be sure to only adjust that with loose strings.  The trick that someone mentioned, sorry I don't remember who, is put the allen wrench in pointing towards the head of the neck.  Then if you loosen it, the wrench will go the direction the neck will be adjusted in, or a looser truss rod, more relief.  Tighten, towards the body, right handed, straighten or backwards bow.  Hopefully that is not horribly confusing.
Patrick

Thank you!
I just have some trouble on the 'nut' side of the freatbord, some buzz on the lowest string, but the relief seems enough.
Maybe I need some fret levelling! (by the way, I use 013 with high action and it still buzz...mmmh).

If you still need help, and live in the Tacoma/Puyallup/Bonney Lake area, or want to make a trip...or ship...I can get your guitar to 'Potential'.

email: Stockwellguitars@aol.com
Mark

Hey Mr Stockwell, I just read like seven different posts from you, and they all read like advertisements.  I don't think that fits in very well with the spirit of things here on this board.  Just thought I would point that out.

guitlouie said:
Hey Mr Stockwell, I just read like seven different posts from you, and they all read like advertisements.  I don't think that fits in very well with the spirit of things here on this board.  Just thought I would point that out.
+1 A post in the Tech section is all that's needed.
Skuttlefunk also does work on guitars and basses, for example, but very few of his posts promote his own business.

guitlouie said:

I'd like to point out that I am proud of you for fully reading all 7 of my posts. 

StockwellGuitars said:
guitlouie said:

I'd like to point out that I am proud of you for fully reading all 7 of my posts. 

Wtf?

Lefty Loosey
Righty Tighty

When it's loose, the strings exert a greater influence relative to the neck adding bow.
When it's tighter, the neck is straighter.

There's no such thing as "A Stupid Question"  But for you, we'll make an exception.

Sorry guys, I couldn't resist, he made it too easy.

Alfang said:
There's no such thing as "A Stupoid Question"  But for you, we'll make an exception.

Sorry guys, I couldn't resist, he made it too easy.

Well, there IS such a thing when you mis-spell "stupid!"  :laughing11:

Back