Does this need a Floyd?

ildar said:
DocNrock said:
ildar said:
I love Floyds.

No.

Really, I'm surprised...care to elaborate?

My reply comes too late, you've made up your mind.
There's something to be said for a clean looking, unadorned and simple axe. Makes one work (play) harder to wring the music out of it, rather than having too many gadgets, fancy wiring and the like.
Not that there's anything wrong with that.

You are right, Ildar, and I think it still will be clean looking with a Floyd.  Besides, it is really annoying to have the high E-string pop off of the bridge roller when in the middle of a jam.

yeah, if it's not working to your satisfaction, the bridge should be changed. Are you going to modify the neck for the floyd nut or are you going to get a new neck for it?

Brian

bpmorton777 said:
yeah, if it's not working to your satisfaction, the bridge should be changed. Are you going to modify the neck for the floyd nut or are you going to get a new neck for it?

Brian

I'll just have a locking nut put on this neck.  It's a great neck, and I really do NOT need another project right now.  :icon_biggrin:

DocNrock said:
ildar said:
DocNrock said:
ildar said:
I love Floyds.

No.

Really, I'm surprised...care to elaborate?

My reply comes too late, you've made up your mind.
There's something to be said for a clean looking, unadorned and simple axe. Makes one work (play) harder to wring the music out of it, rather than having too many gadgets, fancy wiring and the like.
Not that there's anything wrong with that.

You are right, Ildar, and I think it still will be clean looking with a Floyd.  Besides, it is really annoying to have the high E-string pop off of the bridge roller when in the middle of a jam.

I'm surprised to hear you have that problem with the 475. I had one and was quite happy with it, in fact it was the best thing about that particular guitar.

The Doc's monstrous bends just are no match for it apparently. He can't use anything other than a bridge that locks the strings in place. He must have some massive meat hooks ;)

DocNrock said:
I really do NOT need another project right now.   :icon_biggrin:

Hummm need? Don't know that word... Want it a more known word for what it is about  :icon_jokercolor:

dbw said:
I think it's a roller bridge.  Thanks for the warning Doc.

You are correct, and no problemo.

And GoDrex...ummm, yeah, right.  No meat hooks here.  With your self-proclaimed guitar "luck,"  I'm surprised you didn't end up with this POS on a build.  Even you must've known better.  :icon_biggrin:

I'll admit my bias. 80's Hair "metal" instilled in me a psychopathic hatred of wang/wank bars of any type, shape, or form. This hatred is so deep-rooted and ferocious that it will probably outlive me by at least 20 years.

That's just me, but at least I'm up front about it.

:icon_biggrin:

RLW said:
I'll admit my bias. 80's Hair "metal" instilled in me a psychopathic hatred of wang/wank bars of any type, shape, or form. This hatred is so deep-rooted and ferocious that it will probably outlive me by at least 20 years.

That's just me, but at least I'm up front about it.

:icon_biggrin:

No worries, RLW.  I cut my teeth on 80's hair metal; hence my appreciation for Floyds.  That said, they are very adaptable and lend themselves to many applications besides 80's stuff. 

Hey, my brother's "music" (korn, slipknot, etc.) has rooted a disgust in modern music for me. Goodwill records to the rescue!

Max said:
Hey, my brother's "music" (korn, slipknot, etc.) has rooted a disgust in modern music for me. Goodwill records to the rescue!

How old are you? My youngest brother used to hate Pantera, Sepultura, that was things that I loved (and still love, but don't listen everyday like I used) and now he likes it more than I do... He start to like metal when 15 years old +/-...

Come to the dark side  :evil4:

I was going to Judas Priest concerts before either of you pups were born.

:evil4:

RLW said:
I was going to Judas Priest concerts before either of you pups were born.

:evil4:
:D

If you start to list all shows that you have seen before I born I'll surely get depressed  :sad:

> If you start to list all shows that you have seen before I born I'll surely get depressed 

No, but if I listed what I paid at the time, you might get sick to your stomach. I saved all my ticket stubs, here's an example; Willie Nelson, Savoy Brown, Wishbone Ash, The Doobie Brothers, ZZ Top.

All those for $3.50. The downside was, it was in Houston. Outside. In July. 110 degrees with 200% humidity.

3.50? that kills me Last fall I paid like 100 bucks to see van halen, worth every penny mind you but for zz top and the doobie brothers thats insane, I'm 17 btw.. my Dad kills me with his stories all the time. Btw that guitar needs a floyd bad.. I'm in love with them, i just sold an ibanez rg with the edge trem system and while waiting on my warmoth with OFR i'm dieing..

I'm 15.

My mom loves telling me about her concerts.

I saw VH for $50. 5 rows from the top though...

My dad saw the allman brothers 'back in the day' probably 6 times. I am so envious. Duane!!  :sad:

Back