Do you think it is possible?

hannaugh

Master Member
I have an old crappy Casio keyboard... I was wondering if you guys think it would be possible to turn it into a keytar type of instrument?  I think it would be really cool to have the main keyboard be the Casio, and then attatch a melodica to the top end with something rigid to hold the mouth piece in place for easy playing access. 

Possible yes, good idea no.  There are already too many keytars in this universe :p

Our soundman is trying to talk our Keyboardist/Vocalist (his wife) into getting a keytar.  Since we added "Melt with you", "Don't you want me baby" and several other songs from the '80s into our playlist, he insists we need one.  She is resistant to the idea and smacks him in the head for this suggenstion, and many many other simaler comments.

That said, I like your idea.  I think it can be done, once you do it.  So do it!  Or go get a keytar from fleabay, they're not that 'spensive.

How often do you think you're going to play a keytar once you get your LP? Just sayin......

It's not for me, it's for my friend.  My drummer and I agree that a keytar would be an awesome addition to the band if for no other reason than the humor factor.  But I think it would be awesome if it was part melodica, cause I love those things.

Back