Decoupaged Music/ Strat body

Puck1587

Here is the only pick I have right now of my current build.
I took my squier strat and decided to make it unique.

Outside013.jpg

As of right now the body is complete.

Black pick guard
SD '59 HB in bridge
SD APS II in neck and mid
Gold Jack plate
Gold Gotoh Traditional Tremolo for Strat: http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bridges,_tailpieces/Electric_guitar_tremolos/Gotoh_Traditional_Tremolo_for_Strat.html

Ordered the neck from W a couple weeks ago, a wenge/ebony without face dots, Wizard profile, 1 1/3 nut width.
Using gold  sperzel trim lok tuners.

I'll post more pix as soon as I get a camera that's not broken >_<

Really like the idea man, and it came out really well. For me, this is what Warmoth is all about; 100% Unique guitars.

I used "mod podge" brand decoupage solution to affix the paper to the body. It works pretty well, you can also use a mixture of glue and water.

Lol @ the carpeting idea, I've toyed with the idea of using astro turf on an axe

thanks for the kind words so far, hoping I can find a camera soon, the hardware is killer with the finish, imho

The wait for the neck is killer, everyone that's helped with the project so far asks me every day or so "has it shipped yet?!"

"Malaguena" - Tradtional
"Pavane" - Luis Milan
"Waltz in E Minor" - Ferdinand Carulli
And one other I can't think of off the top of my head.(probably a study by Carcassi)
All from "Christopher Parkening's Guitar Method" v. I and II

I'm a classical guitar major in college,so I figured I'd make a guitar that represented me.. :)

Puck1587 said:
Lol @ the carpeting idea, I've toyed with the idea of using astro turf on an axe

ZZ Top's fuzzy white explorers, maybe?

and...

Could it be the return of Chia-strat?! :toothy10:

Puck1587 said:
"Malaguena" - Tradtional
"Pavane" - Luis Milan
And one other I can't think of off the top of my head.(probably a study by Carcassi)

I'm a classical guitar major in college,so I figured I'd make a guitar that represented me.. :)

I really like the idea of an electric guitar that's "physically rooted" in classical music. There's something really cool in that irony. Now you just have to start playing some hard blues on it; see if it bursts into flames!  :laughing7:

I might just have to incorporate/steal your idea a little bit for one of my next builds... Throw some pictures up soon

Johnhamdun said:
Puck1587 said:
"Malaguena" - Tradtional
"Pavane" - Luis Milan

I really like the idea of an electric guitar that's "physically rooted" in classical music. There's something really cool in that irony. Now you just have to start playing some hard blues on it; see if it bursts into flames!  :laughing7:

I might just have to incorporate/steal your idea a little bit for one of my next builds... Throw some pictures up soon

Thanks! about the hard blues, my  buddies and I started up a band, it's ska infused with a little southern rock/blues, so yeah I think this puppy'll light on fire during a band practice  :party07:
Still lookin for a camera to take more pix but right now I'm chillin out in jamaica <_<
Hopefully the neck'll come while I'm gone.

Posted a new topic in the "Strat" section

Link:
http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=4349.0

Back