dmraco

Master Member
Congrats to Kvebbs and his awesome VIP
DecemberKvebbsVIP.jpg

okidoki, here I go:

IMG_0473.jpg

IMG_0466.jpg

IMG_0471.jpg

I finished it myself. its a purpleheart top, 2 piece indian back, canary neck, macassar ebony board, and 3 custom wound pickups, my own design!

Nice Orpheo.  Whats up withthe elctronics?  Both a toggle and a blade???

dmraco said:

here, the middle humbucker is functional, so I had to have a way where the middle worked, but the guitar should've been able to go to the regular bridge/bridge+neck/neck toggle wiring, with the volumes of bridge and neck at their regular spot. So.... I have the toggle and neck volume/bridge volume doing just that, with the neck tone-spot being now the master tone, and the bridge tone being middle volume. Blending in the middle does not work for me. I want to be able to have them both full on, and then blend the tones afterwards. so... I needed a second 3 waya toggle. but I didn't want to drill, and a slot for a blade is easier to fill than a hole. So... I used a 3 way tele blade :) I fine tuned that wiring now with concentric knobs, and I am seriously thinking of doing just that, with for each pickup a concentric pot/knob with volume and tone, and the last hole will be used for a big(ger) 2 way switch for coiltap. 3 poles, so each humbucker can be coiltapped. i'm going to do that on all guitars I have, well, the ones which already have 3 humbuckers and concentric pots and guitars which have only 2 humbuckers ofcouse will not get this treatment, but okay. it took me 3 years and 8 guitars to come up with the most perfect way for my needs. bit of a shame though, but nothing that can't be solved with a good deal of money :D

did you paint her? When dmraco says owner finished he doesn't mean owner built, he means owner stained, painted, dyed, whatever... that kind of finished.

rockskate4x said:
did you paint her? When dmraco says owner finished he doesn't mean owner built, he means owner stained, painted, dyed, whatever... that kind of finished.

that right...we are talking about the finish here....last month was WARMOTH/PRO finished.

Orpheo said:
dmraco said:

here, the middle humbucker is functional, so I had to have a way where the middle worked, but the guitar should've been able to go to the regular bridge/bridge+neck/neck toggle wiring, with the volumes of bridge and neck at their regular spot. So.... I have the toggle and neck volume/bridge volume doing just that, with the neck tone-spot being now the master tone, and the bridge tone being middle volume. Blending in the middle does not work for me. I want to be able to have them both full on, and then blend the tones afterwards. so... I needed a second 3 waya toggle. but I didn't want to drill, and a slot for a blade is easier to fill than a hole. So... I used a 3 way tele blade :) I fine tuned that wiring now with concentric knobs, and I am seriously thinking of doing just that, with for each pickup a concentric pot/knob with volume and tone, and the last hole will be used for a big(ger) 2 way switch for coiltap. 3 poles, so each humbucker can be coiltapped. i'm going to do that on all guitars I have, well, the ones which already have 3 humbuckers and concentric pots and guitars which have only 2 humbuckers ofcouse will not get this treatment, but okay. it took me 3 years and 8 guitars to come up with the most perfect way for my needs. bit of a shame though, but nothing that can't be solved with a good deal of money :D

That's OK    it will take me 3 years just to understand your wiring....nice job.  I like the extra switches...they look cool.

Orpheo said:

Christ this one is just pure pr0n... Though personally I don't really like the feel of bell knobs - speed knobs just feel more accessible somehow. But that purpleheart, yuuummmm...

Allright, I submit my newest family-member! Black Korina / Wenge, Wenge / Ebony VIP with satin-ish tru-oil finish!

Sheen.jpg

KorinaBack.jpg

Ebony.jpg

Top2.jpg

http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=9802.0

I can't remember if I already nominated my thinline earlier this year, so lets go with the black rose this time :)

September62009012.jpg

September62009011.jpg

and one with her big thinline sister:

September62009024.jpg

Back