Decals

GuitarBaker

Hi - I've noticed that some of you have put custom decals on your headstock to show that you built your gutar.  I'd like to find out were I can have some made up for myself.  Thanks

Google waterslide decal paper; you can buy that and print them in an inkjet or laser printer yourself.

GuitarBaker said:
Hi - I've noticed that some of you have put custom decals on your headstock to show that you built your gutar.  I'd like to find out were I can have some made up for myself.  Thanks

geocha on guitar reranch forum will make them for you at a price, he seems to have the right equipment for printing up really good quality decal. His Fender decal is so accurate that I bet even Fender employees can't tell the difference... You can send him an image of good quality and he will print it.

I was at a local Hobby shop the other day, and noticed that they have home made waterslide decal paper and kits for inkjet and laser jet printers

The paper was 10 bucks for a few sheets, I would think that if its good enough to make an SS Chevelle sticker for a 1:100th or whatever scale model car. it would be worth a try for us. The quality might depend on your printer and software, and of course the paper.

Let us know what you find

I can second Rahimii on the waterslides made by Geocha.He sent me some Jazz bass slides that were killer quality.The price was way less than anything on ebay.If you go with your own design..he can do that too

Sure...his email is  gcharles@hvc.rr.com  Tell him that you heard about his work thru the ReRanch board..Cheers.

Hi, I'm new here but have been reading your forum for about a year. I have a project guitar I am working on and am ordering a Warmoth Pro neck this week. Anyway, a while back I stumbled across this link that shows how to make custom headstock decals. It's something that I am going to try on mine and I will post pics once I get to that point. You may already be aware of this but if not here you go.

http://www.projectguitar.com/tut/logo.htm

Thanks and I really have learned alot from your forum. You all have some beautiful guitars out there :headbang1:

There's a few different ways to go about it doing it yourself, in that tutorial he was using a paint which dissolves in lacquer. You can either seal a lacquer-dissolving paint with water-based polyurethane, or conversely, seal a waterslide decal with lacquer or varnish.

sundin4prez said:
aprox.. howMUCH  does he charge???? have you ordered from him? is it good quality??

He charges 18 dollars plus shipping (totals to 25 for me because I am in Taiwan) and he includes enough decal to insure you'd have extra lying around in case you mess up. Or if you don't mess up you'd have enough for a lot of projects. His quality is better than anything that I have seen, probably better than Fender.

Back