dbw's LP, part 3/3

Update: I'm calling it Namib, because the finish looks like the dunes in the Namib Desert:
namib-desert-air-v-51.2.jpg

(This photo by Frantisek Staud: http://www.phototravels.net/namibia/namib-desert-aerial-coast.html  Hope he doesn't mind :icon_scratch:)
2871434664_7e42f7a674.jpg

namib-desert-dunes-16328-sw.jpg

Nice! Looks very cool from the long view  :glasses9: Believe the very near sight is not that cool  :laughing7:

Blue313 said:
Is an SKB case with those new latches?  I was looking at one recently and they looked tough enough, but I haven't heard much about them or seen em in person.

Update on this case... the handle broke.  :(  I think they have a warranty, I'll have to look into that.

Bummer!  They'd better hook you up with a new case, it's not that old.

On a side note, any change on the Padouk coloring so far?

EDIT:
Found their warranty site, looks like a lifetime one.
http://www.casesbyskb.com/warranty.htm

ok your guitar looks awesome, but too many people chime in  with, cool, fine, looks good, that's a keeper, etc.. just for the sake of getting another post

Much like i've done here, except i do mean it looks great, unlike those other guys

The luthier in Brea that I go to for advice told me to stay away from SKB cases because "they have a tendency to expand and contract in weird ways".  Up until then I was thinking about going that route.  Now I'm not so sure. 

I think I'm going to check some stuff out at NAMM and see what is there, cause that is a must have before my parts arrive kind of thing. 

Random side note:  I ordered something from Stew-Mac 2 days ago and it showed up today, and I used their lowest priced shipping.  Bravo Stew-Mac and bravo USPS! 

"ok your guitar looks awesome, but too many people chime in  with, cool, fine, looks good, that's a keeper, etc.. just for the sake of getting another post

Much like i've done here, except i do mean it looks great, unlike those other guys"

LOL

oh, just another post for me!!!  and the LP does look amazing.

Brian

hannaugh said:
The luthier in Brea that I go to for advice told me to stay away from SKB cases because "they have a tendency to expand and contract in weird ways".  Up until then I was thinking about going that route.  Now I'm not so sure. 

I think I'm going to check some stuff out at NAMM and see what is there, cause that is a must have before my parts arrive kind of thing. 

Random side note:  I ordered something from Stew-Mac 2 days ago and it showed up today, and I used their lowest priced shipping.  Bravo Stew-Mac and bravo USPS! 

I think dbw should get his case repaired under warranty, but for the record I like Hiscox 'LiteFlite' cases.  They are rock hard.

jimh said:
hannaugh said:

I think dbw should get his case repaired under warranty, but for the record I like Hiscox 'LiteFlite' cases.  They are rock hard.

Hiscox are rock hard... somehow that sounds a little wrong.  Partly because of the innuendo, partly be cause "he" would have to be a sideshow freak.

hannaugh said:

This sounds like BS to me.

Thanks for the link to SKB.  I think I just have to call them and they'll replace the handle.

thin plastic shell with an aluminum rim. Woudnt the aluminum expand/contract different from the plastic. That being said, i dont see this being a problem unless you stick your guitar in the trunk in 100 degre weather and then pull it out and stick it in an overly air conditioned room. wouldnt be good for the guitar anyway.

Brian

hannaugh said:
Hiscox are rock hard... somehow that sounds a little wrong.  Partly because of the innuendo, partly be cause "he" would have to be a sideshow freak.

Hannaugh.
I like you.... You do beer, cheese, woodwork, and guitars.  My kinda girl!  :eek:ccasion14:
......But.......... You mind is way grosser (is that a word?) than any girl I've encountered before, and I work with soldiers, I dont know how to deal with it......  :binkybaby: 
It's funny!  (In a good way!)
:icon_tongue:
:icon_biggrin:

Jim and Hannaugh will be announcing their engagement any day now.  :tard:

I'm a theater girl.  We're basically all like that. You should hear some of the stuff I have heard my friend Tiffany say.  She makes me look like a nun.  Or, this other girl I worked with for a while used to say stuff that would make me laugh so hard but then say "We're going to hell for this!" pretty much on a daily basis.

The thing the guy told me about the SKB cases was about the interior.  He said "the interior can expand and contract", and he recommended TKL instead.  I think maybe he meant if you fly with them and are forced to check it as baggage, something might get wonky with the pressure drop?  But I don't know.  Perhaps I will ask him to elaborate next time I see him. 

Oh, and too late.  I'm already engaged.

Back