David Gilmour Live In Gdansk: Comfortably Numb

Alfang, buddy, there is no dislike here, my friend.  On the contrary, I love to have people around with whom I may vehemently disagree.  It makes for much better conversation than just "Hey, don't you think _______ is good?"  "Why yes, yes I do"  "Good show, old chum"  "Indeed".

Pink Floyd is one of the most overrated bands in the world... (Queen, ZZ Top, the Beatles....) That would've been adequate guitar playing in 1972... oh wait, it was!  :toothy12: Can you imagine what a real guitarist like Jeff Beck, Steve Morse or Eric Johnson could've done with that?  As Gilmour says himself, he doesn't practice and he's not interested in listening to anything new... what a shame. The reason most bar bands (like mine) won't cover Pink Floyd is because they're so goddam dull... do you not know how to play Gilmour's five blues licks? :icon_tongue:

According to Rolling Stone the lyrics came from Roger Waters' experience when he was injected with tranquillizers for hepatitis
- hey, whatever sinks your brain.

On the contrary, I love to have people around with whom I may vehemently disagree.
:hello2: :toothy10: :blob7:

Oh, Doug, yesterday was Hendrix's birthday. I found that out after I shut off my computer for the night.

stubhead said:
Can you imagine what a real guitarist like Jeff Beck, Steve Morse or Eric Johnson could've done with that? 
Yeah, they would have ruined a great Pink Floyd song. 

Neil Stryker X said:
stubhead said:
Can you imagine what a real guitarist like Jeff Beck, Steve Morse or Eric Johnson could've done with that? 
Yeah, they would have ruined a great Pink Floyd song.   
Yes they certainly would. I guess it`s up to what style of playing you like. Me for instance can`t watch a whole G3 dvd.
It`s just to booring to watch someone masturbate on their guitar all the time. I would rather listen to Gilmour playing his "five blues licks" all night long.
I was at the Gilmour concert in Glasgow three days before the first Albert Hall show. It was the greatest music experience I have ever attended :toothy10:

stubhead said:
Pink Floyd is one of the most overrated bands in the world... (Queen, ZZ Top, the Beatles....) That would've been adequate guitar playing in 1972... oh wait, it was!  :toothy12: Can you imagine what a real guitarist like Jeff Beck, Steve Morse or Eric Johnson could've done with that?  As Gilmour says himself, he doesn't practice and he's not interested in listening to anything new... what a shame. The reason most bar bands (like mine) won't cover Pink Floyd is because they're so goddam dull... do you not know how to play Gilmour's five blues licks? :icon_tongue:

moronic post of the month award goes to... :laughing7:

GoDrex said:
stubhead said:

moronic post of the month award goes to... :laughing7:

Don't bother, he must be kidding. ehem! :tard:

guitlouie said:
And a happy Thanksgiving to you too, Overlord Alfang. 

ROFL!

Well, OK, I didn't roll on the floor, but I did spit coffee on my monitor!

And glad everyone still ended up getting along.

Now, that stubhead post... that one's a joke?

I still get a tear in my eye everytime I hear that song...Gilmore's voice is haunting and his style is second to none...IMO... :icon_thumright:

Back