David Gilmour Live In Gdansk: Comfortably Numb

Mor Paul

Epic Member
I love this version of the song. Rick Wright died soon after, so this is the last rendition of it with him, I think.
It sounds fantastic, to me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGV1lfoKhi0

It's funny that you posted this, I was just watching it last night...One of my fav's from Floyd, guitar solo is just haunting.... :sad1:

Sorry, could'nt get past that 1st vocalist , he sucks...

Here'e one for you . . . how did they come up with the name "Pink Floyd" ?

a tip o' the hat to the one who posts the first correct answer. :hello2:

Syd took the names Pink Anderson and Floyd Council, then added The and Sound to give; The Pink Floyd Sound, this was eventually shortened to Pink Floyd.

Max said:
Named after some musicians.

May Rick's spirit haunt you.

Rick on a bad night, he was still pitchy and listless on your vid, or am I wrong ?

Nick Ellingworth said:
Syd took the names Pink Anderson and Floyd Council, then added The and Sound to give; The Pink Floyd Sound, this was eventually shortened to Pink Floyd.

Nick, a tip o' the hat, unless you googled or wiki'd that .

kreig said:
Nick Ellingworth said:

Nick, a tip o' the hat, unless you googled or wiki'd that .

No need to google or wiki it I'm a bit of a die hard Floyd fan.

On this day in 1967 (the year I was born) Pink Floyd was on tour with Jimi Hendrix and the Experience in Belfast Ireland...

There's something just so timeless to good music.  It's hard to put my finger on exactly what it is.  What a great performance!  :rock-on:

Krieg, While I believe in your right to free speach and your opinion, I served in the USMC to protect that right of yours.

You also have the right to remain silent, perhaps not the ability however. That version max posted was as good as it gets. Like the man or not, he was a part of one of the greatest bands in history.

List a few guys you think can sing, and we can all pick them apart.

Thanks max for the post

And a happy Thanksgiving to you too, Overlord Alfang.  Way to have a serious overreaction to someone having an opinion.  Personally, I could live a pefectly happy and content existence without ever hearing the song "Comfortably Numb" again, what with the classic rock radio format not seeming to know that Pink Floyd ever made any other songs besides that and "Another Brick In The Wall".  This comes from a serious Floyd fan, so don't come back at me saying I need to appreciate them, or else! 

There's plenty of other Floyd jewels that aren't played.

The whole concert is good, and I hope on getting the CD soon.

So, Alfang, does that mean you like it? And you, Louie?

DangerousR6 said:
On this day in 1967 (the year I was born) Pink Floyd was on tour with Jimi Hendrix and the Experience in Belfast Ireland...

Wow! I didn't know that. What a dream concert It could have been!

Well, Max, my man, even though I practically hate the song from over exposure, and the symphony orchestra smacks of a pomposity only afforded the absolutely RICHEST bands in the world (sorry, but Rock music should be raw and dangerous, symphony orchestras should never even be considered in the mix), the guitar solo IS a fantastic display of the soaring qualities of the electric guitar, and it almost saves the whole thing.  In short, it is not that I like it, but I can stand it for the solo alone.  Give me Astronimy Domine anyday over that pompous crap, though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49tLEcgW0Po

Max, Yes  a big fan.

Louie, Look whos talking about over reaction for gods sake! I pre read my post several times before hitting the POST button, I certainly didn't mean to offend anyone.

I mearly meant to say that anyone can be ripped apart by someone and that sometimes when someone, Like Max,  is raising a Toast to a late musician or whoever, a guy oughta bight his tongue if he don't like the guy.

I'm sure you could start a thread about your dislike for me, probably get a bunch of hits too

Alfang,
As a matter of fact, I own several PF Albums. Animals is one of my all-time faves. I was being honest with myself, and I don't like when people patronize others,so why would I want to patronize ?

I was waiting to get tackled on that comment I made, not that that was the reason I posted it. Sometimes the truth hurts.

Again, was his singing pitchy or not !? If he was spot on, my bad / if he was pitchy, your bad  . . .O.K.?

I regret your reaction, I'm here for fun and learning. So I'll apologize based on your reaction. Maybe I should'nt have used the word "sucks" :laughing8:
I'll try to be more constructive next time . . . :eek:ccasion14:

Edit * readjustment of spacing of lines and words

Back