danish oil and parrafin oil

Orpheo

I wonder, if I rub my guitarbody first down with paraffin oil, and I would later on decide I want danish, would that be possible, or will the paraffin react with the danish?

Paraffin's are straight chained saturated hydrocarbons, they are very inert to chemicals.  This might cause trouble if the other oil polymerizes with air to make a web and it cannot stick to the wood because of a paraffin layer.  Truth be told, I don't really know if it will make a difference but I would advise picking one and staying with it.  Also, for those who don't know, Paraffin oil is kerosene.  I guess I would stick with what ever oil based finish you know will give the proper result.  Good luck.
Patrick

Kerosene is more volatile than mineral spirits, which I commonly use to wipe down wood prior to finishing.  So I doubt much, if any will remain in the wood for more than a brief period of time.  Even if some does remain, it is a hydrocarbon based substance and would be entirely compatible with any oil based product.

I found after a trip through/to hell and back, a store that sells danish oil. FINALLY! there's just no one here who sells it in, and if they do, its in like, 10 litres at a time!(something like 2 gallons I guess?)

Orpheo said:
I found after a trip through/to hell and back, a store that sells danish oil. FINALLY! there's just no one here who sells it in, and if they do, its in like, 10 litres at a time!(something like 2 gallons I guess?)
That's kind of ironic isn't it, you being in the land of Danish, and can't get any Danish oil.... :dontknow:

Careful Now, Doug! :)

I finally picked up a bottle of Danish oil too, yesterday!
Can't wait to slap it on!

Markoooooo said:

Must be a grueling job, squeezing all those Danish people to get the oil..... :laughing11:

DangerousR6 said:
Markoooooo said:

Must be a grueling job, squeezing all those Danish people to get the oil..... :laughing11:

but that is what they deserve!! haha
Thank god Denmark is still a couple of hundred miles north of Holland!!  :icon_biggrin:

DangerousR6 said:
Markoooooo said:

They've got nothing on what to takes to squeeze out motor oil.  :laughing7:

Markoooooo said:
DangerousR6 said:
Markoooooo said:

but that is what they deserve!! haha
Thank god Denmark is still a couple of hundred miles north of Holland!!  :icon_biggrin:
Yip, otherwise it might be Watco's Hollander oil... :laughing7:

Back