Danger got a new toy...

DMRACO said:
this is just another form of GAS.  Nice. :icon_thumright:

All you need now is a CNC machine to do you own guitar bodies...or do you have that already?!?!? :laughing8:
Oh yeah, we got one that will do that to...... :headbang1:

Dangerous- or anyone else knowledgeable on this. Assuming one has access to a lovely CNC machine for routing, how would I go about programming said machine? The guys in the workshop would be happy to run it if I can tell the machine what to do. Are there any programs for specific guitars out there available or is it a case of programming it all yourself? Pardon the complete absence of knowledge evident in this post  :icon_jokercolor:

Cletus said:
Dangerous- or anyone else knowledgeable on this. Assuming one has access to a lovely CNC machine for routing, how would I go about programming said machine? The guys in the workshop would be happy to run it if I can tell the machine what to do. Are there any programs for specific guitars out there available or is it a case of programming it all yourself? Pardon the complete absence of knowledge evident in this post  :icon_jokercolor:
It depends on the controls of the machine, and what kind of programing it takes to run said machine. For a guitar body, it would be best drawn up in a cad/cam program and transferred to the machine and let the machine run the NC program. Programing one in MG code would be a nightmare for someone unfamiliar with MG code. On the other hand, some machines like the Hurco's I run have both NC and conversational programing. If the machine has conversational program capabilities, then a guitar body could be drawn up in a matter of minutes, provided you have all necessary data to input into the machine...Got it!!!! :toothy12:

Jommit said:
Very nice machine  :icon_thumright:
I`m starting to operate a new one in the begining of next year to. Can`t wait  :blob7:
http://www.waldrich-coburg.de/products/Produkte-en/PowerTec.htm
Big thing, but we make big things where I work to.
Congrats!
Dayyyyyyyyyyyum, that's a big machine. Something that size is used to make the molds that we generally work on here in the shop. We have some molds that are in excess of 60,000 pounds...  :eek:

Jusatele said:
I see you turned out a new Avatar on it
Yip, it's a mushroom clown...
jokersmoke.jpg

I can watch videos for hours on this stuff. Especially swiss lathe's - they're so cool to watch.

DangerousR6 said:
Cletus said:
It depends on the controls of the machine, and what kind of programing it takes to run said machine. For a guitar body, it would be best drawn up in a cad/cam program and transferred to the machine and let the machine run the NC program. Programing one in MG code would be a nightmare for someone unfamiliar with MG code. On the other hand, some machines like the Hurco's I run have both NC and conversational programing. If the machine has conversational program capabilities, then a guitar body could be drawn up in a matter of minutes, provided you have all necessary data to input into the machine...Got it!!!! :toothy12:

Dangerous- I think I do yep. Luckily I am surrounded by people expert in CAD!

Cletus said:
DangerousR6 said:
Cletus said:

Dangerous- I think I do yep. Luckily I am surrounded by people expert in CAD!
I drew these two bodies in my cad program with nothing but pics off the net. Then sent my cad files to KNE and had the bodies made. I had no real dimensions other than the neck pocket. Of course they are copies of other guitars, but still, try recreating something with no dimensions...It ain't easy... :doh:
BillyBodone.jpg

index.php

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
CNC Music Factory?

YOU ASKED FOR IT!  :icon_jokercolor: :blob7: :blob7: :blob7: :laughing7:

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEdVFTSF7to&feature=related[/youtube]
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCTBD4ZWuRM&feature=related[/youtube]

DangerousR6 said:
Jommit said:
Very nice machine  :icon_thumright:
I`m starting to operate a new one in the begining of next year to. Can`t wait  :blob7:
Congrats!
Dayyyyyyyyyyyum, that's a big machine. Something that size is used to make the molds that we generally work on here in the shop. We have some molds that are in excess of 60,000 pounds...  :eek:

That`s big stuff :) What product are you making where you work?
We make big marine engines. So this machine is used to make the engine blocks. 45,000 pund engine blocks  :icon_thumright:

Jommit said:
DangerousR6 said:
Jommit said:
Very nice machine  :icon_thumright:
I`m starting to operate a new one in the begining of next year to. Can`t wait  :blob7:
Congrats!

That`s big stuff :) What product are you making where you work?
We make big marine engines. So this machine is used to make the engine blocks. 45,000 pund engine blocks  :icon_thumright:
Well I work in a factory that is an injection molding factory. But I actually work in the machine shop, we repair the injection mold tools when they get damaged or need modification, or something just breaks. We don't make the molds, just put 'em back in working order when murphy's law comes into play...But I'm usually machining something.... :icon_biggrin:

Back