Damn. Daddy likey.

Wow, it looks superb.  :eek:  I'd like to build a '59 sometime... only things I would have done differently is Pearly Gates pickups and a stop tailpiece.  Also I probably wouldn't have sprung for nitro, but that's just because it'd probably be more expensive.

Edit: What do you think that puppy will go for?  $1500?

It's rare to see an actually nice LP on ebay.  Lots of strats but few LPs period and what there are often just aren't very attractive guitars.  This one looks nice.  I am curious what this one makes it to as it looks like there is no reserve and he says there are some dents and dings on a guitar brand that already doesn't have a very good resale.  If I had the cash I'd drop in a $500 autobid and see if I got lucky.

Yeah, man that does look nice, but I wonder, why go through the joy and the wonder that are building YOUR dream guitar, only to turn around and try and hock it. 

guitlouie said:
Yeah, man that does look nice, but I wonder, why go through the joy and the wonder that are building YOUR dream guitar, only to turn around and try and hock it. 

Sometimes the reality doesn't quite match the dream.

Couldn't tell you why someone would sell it.  I know when I was selling my Gibson to get the cash together for my Warmoth I had a guy offer me a trade because he had put a Bigsby on his Les Paul, didn't like it, sold it, and wanted another one.  Maybe the Bigsby didn't turn out to his liking.

He's probably broke.  That's the number one reason people sell gear.

I knew a guy whose previous band's guitarist owned the Orange amp that Paranoid was recorded on.  There was only one owner between Tony Iommi and him!  He sold it to pay the rent.

Lucky #7 said:
If I had the cash I'd drop in a $500 autobid and see if I got lucky.
Way ahead of you.  No way this will go for under a grand though.

So you're the one.  I don't have the cash and the wife would shoot me anyway.  It'd be nice to see a Warmoth actually go for a decent price.  If that thing was in fact a Gibson it'd be going for $3K plus and the sound would probably be worse.

It's at $510... that was quick.  :icon_thumright:  But it's all good, I'd much rather the guitar get the price it deserves than rip the guy off by getting the thing for $400.  I'll keep an eye on it as it ends and if it's going for under $1K I might put in another bid, but like I said early on, I see this thing going for more like $1500 and I can't afford that.

I dropped the guy a comment... maybe he'll come by and chill with us  :guitaristgif:

Back