Custom Telecaster "Blackjack"

Pyrodan

hey guys,  :icon_thumright:

thought I'd finally get round to posting my first build on here.
This is "blackjack" appropriatly named because of the custom paintjob  :laughing7: I've been playing for 5 years now (woo!) and I'd been looking at kits for a long time.
There were a few problems (No 1 probably being the biggest one!)

1: I'm left handed which is a real pain to get parts for. (until I found warmoth! :toothy10:)
2:Being 15 years of age I didn't really trust myself wiring up the beast (now after having seen it done I'd like to build one by myself. With supervision of course! :icon_tongue:)
3:Obviously being left handed there is a.....limited selection to say the least.

But eventually we wrangled together an ash telecaster body (pretty heavy for me. Bearing in mind I way 6 stone!  :laughing8:) A beautiful maple/rosewood neck. And some fantastic pickups (seymour duncans)

Specs:
-Solid Ash body
-Maple neck with rosewood fingerboard 25 1/2 inch scale length
-JB model humbucker in the bridge
-Quarter pounder for tele in the neck
-Gotoh tuners
-Schaller strap locks

Pics will be in the next post  :headbang:

Enjoy!!

Dan  :icon_thumright:

Here you go as promised  :icon_biggrin:

dansguiatrcopy.jpg

Photoshop image
Picture001.jpg

Just back from paint  :toothy10:
Blackjack1.jpg

Before painting (dry assembled)
Picture002.jpg

Yes I am small I know....The guitar is more important than the player  :laughing8:

I enjoyed it so much I really want to do another one! I've caught the fever!! :toothy12:
I'm stuck on doing a soloist or an explorer next....but I can't decide!  :help:

That's a great build. Congrats.  :headbang:

How does the 25.5" scale feel? Being a smaller person, is it a stretch when you get lower on the fret board?

I've tried for years to get used to 25.5" but found I do my best playing (well, the best of the worst!  :sad1: ) when I am playing a 24 3/4" scale guitar. I know the difference is only very minor, but lower down, and also with the string tension, I feel more comfortable with the smaller scale.

OzziePete said:
That's a great build. Congrats.  :headbang:

How does the 25.5" scale feel? Being a smaller person, is it a stretch when you get lower on the fret board?

I've tried for years to get used to 25.5" but found I do my best playing (well, the best of the worst!  :sad1: ) when I am playing a 24 3/4" scale guitar. I know the difference is only very minor, but lower down, and also with the string tension, I feel more comfortable with the smaller scale.

Suprisingly I've had no problems. I already have a strat which is 25 1/2" and an SG which is 24 3/4" I hardly feel the difference.

Thanks for the comments guys  :icon_biggrin:

Justinginn said:
I'm 14. Hifive.  :hello2:

Hifive indeed.  :headbang:

It's great to see that age isn't a big deal in here. Guitar building and playing is the thing that matter, Not how old you are.  :icon_thumright:

well age doesn't matter much until you really starting getting up there.... then everything youhave to say is REALLY IMPORTANT and has to be listened to or else.... temper tantrums ensue hehehe  :laughing7:

I see your finished guitar didn't have the playing cards or custom pickguard decal on it.  Did you abandon the idea or are you waiting on decals?

yep they are coming but obviously everyones been off at christmas so it's taken a bit longer than usual  :toothy11:

Good look, even though it is a lefty  :icon_tongue:. 
I like the dice knobs.

You need to get a 'Dangerous Plate' for the back if you haven't already got one.  That'll top it off nicely.  Speak to Doug aka DangerousR6

Nice work though. How's it sound?

Happy birthday I guess. I saw your profile changed up a year.

There are a few younger people here. Me, Max, You and Justinginn and probably plenty other users.

Wana's_makin'_a_guitar said:
Happy birthday I guess. I saw your profile changed up a year.

There are a few younger people here. Me, Max, You and Justinginn and probably plenty other users.

Me  :icon_jokercolor:

Yeah we have a big age range here, from the 14-year-olds like Justin through 85-year-olds like RLW.

:icon_biggrin:

Back