custom peghead

JK

i'm messing around with some peghead designs and got to thinking that there must be a limit on the amount of wood you can take off. is there a rule of thumb on this? i'm sure there are some variables like the variety and cut of the wood, angle of the peghead, etc. but in general, what do you think?

i think the only way they can go so slim is that it's a graphite neck. i doubt wood could hold up that small.

JK said:
i think the only way they can go so slim is that it's a graphite neck. i doubt wood could hold up that small.

the parker-necks arent really that thin. my LP custom has a thinner neck than my parker fly.

Orpheo, I think he's talking about the thin headstock, not the thickness of the neck.

dbw said:
Orpheo, I think he's talking about the thin headstock, not the thickness of the neck.

hmm... in that case: I think you can do that with wood to, that parkershape. here's why:

http://www.parkerguitars.com/code/models/models_pseries_p30_intro.asp

maple neck.

thats why I thought he was talking about neck thickness ;)

I'd really like a look at what designs you've been messing around with JK.

( I mean JK as in 'you' not JK as in 'just kidding' )  :icon_scratch:

sorry to be late responding. the internet went down yesterday afternoon - probably some of the satellite pieces got into cyberspace. i read the info on the p30 and it sure sounds like it's just wood, so i stand corrected. it still seems hard to imagine that small amount of headstock can handle it, but parker knows a little bit more about that than i do. thanks orpheo.

willyk, i'm just doodleing on kraft paper now and haven't come up with anything extaordinary - yet. if i do, i'll let you know.

Back