Custom Inlay Work

cSuttle

Hi Gang,

Looking for custom inlay work? Check us out at www.SharkInlay.com

We have worked on a lot of Warmoths and can do anything from the simple to the complex and a vast array of materials. It's you dream guitar, make it ultra-special with a Shark Inlay.

kingsofdragons2medsize.jpg

Based on the link to my web-site I've been getting from this thread, it seems like the new form if growing faster than the old forum. I must admit, I like the new format. Keep up the good work guys.

Bump. Sorry, but I hate being on page two.

Also, I have a free downloadable ebook available on my web-site that will tell you everything you need to know to pick out and work with an inlay artist. Valuable information for anyone looking to have their guitar inlaid. And it's FREE!!! Worth it at twice the price. Oh yeah ... that would still be free  :laughing7:

Hi,

Maybe this should be done over PM, but I can't stop thinking about 2 things.

1: I want some special inlays, to be exact, on each fret, the starship enterprise from star trek (enterprise 1701-A, B, C, D, E, on the twelfth fret Deep Space Nine, if neccasary with overlap on #11 and #13, Voyager, Defiant, Starfleet/klingon insignia, and on the 21st fret, just the 'vulcan' peace sign.

2: on the 1st fret: pluto+charon, 3: neptune. 5; uranus. 7: Saturn. 9: Jupiter. 12: Mars. 15: Earth. 17: Venus. 19: Mercury. 21,22: Sun.

I don't want inlay done by multiple pieces, just one piece of pearl(oid), but engraved to show details. Unless you want to do the nacelle ends in red, and some stuff in blue pearl. Wondering how much both would cost (the 'white' parts in white,  red in red pearl, blue in blueish/paua pearl).

for the solar system: just singlepiece, right colored pearl. but with the rings of uranus and saturn, some greyish material.

how much would that cost?

Orpheo said:
1: I want some special inlays, to be exact, on each fret, the starship enterprise from star trek (enterprise 1701-A, B, C, D, E, on the twelfth fret Deep Space Nine, if neccasary with overlap on #11 and #13, Voyager, Defiant, Starfleet/klingon insignia, and on the 21st fret, just the 'vulcan' peace sign.

Sorry I'm not interested myself.  But Orpheo, that first one would be sweet!

Just a little bump here...

I wanted to add that I got some ebony control knobs and an ebony truss rod cover, both inlaid with abalone iron crosses from this guy, and they look great.

I'll definitely be giving him more business in the future.  :icon_thumright:

By the way, if you're reading this, Dangerous, I apologize in advance for going with a different neck plate supplier  :laughing7:

Orpheo said:
Hi,

2: on the 1st fret: pluto+charon, 3: neptune. 5; uranus. 7: Saturn. 9: Jupiter. 12: Mars. 15: Earth. 17: Venus. 19: Mercury. 21,22: Sun.

I don't want inlay done by multiple pieces, just one piece of pearl(oid), but engraved to show details. Unless you want to do the nacelle ends in red, and some stuff in blue pearl. Wondering how much both would cost (the 'white' parts in white,  red in red pearl, blue in blueish/paua pearl).

for the solar system: just singlepiece, right colored pearl. but with the rings of uranus and saturn, some greyish material.

Sorry for the slow reply. I JUST figured out how to get email notifications. Yes, all this stuff is possible. However I don't like discussing prices on forums. It's in bad taste. Email me at cliff@sharkinlay.com and we can talk about it.

Xplorervoodoo said:
Just a little bump here...

I wanted to add that I got some ebony control knobs and an ebony truss rod cover, both inlaid with abalone iron crosses from this guy, and they look great.

I'll definitely be giving him more business in the future.   :icon_thumright:

By the way, if you're reading this, Dangerous, I apologize in advance for going with a different neck plate supplier  :laughing7:

Ah, you mean these.
ironcross.jpg

Also, check out my lastest project, in progress

stainedbodyfront.jpg

That.
Is.
Brilliant.

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

cSuttle said:
Orpheo said:
Hi,

Sorry for the slow reply. I JUST figured out how to get email notifications. Yes, all this stuff is possible. However I don't like discussing prices on forums. It's in bad taste. Email me at cliff@sharkinlay.com and we can talk about it.

hi, I just send out an email!

Thanks. I'm going to be doing another demo guitar inlay with videos this spring. Still trying to figure out the theme. I'm thinking either WWI fighter planes or female warriors.
Here is a picture of the Viking on my office wall.
wallart.jpg

Updates from the 50's SciFi Guitar 7/7/2010

The back inlay is done. Robbie lives!!!

robbieinlaysmall.jpg

backinlay.jpg

Video coming soon.

Back