Custom headstock decals?

kidgloves2

Does anyone here know where I can get custom headstock logo decals? Similar to what Fender uses.

I'm not going into business, but I want to give my Warmoth guitars/basses some identity.

And can fender type decals be put over a gloss finish, or does it have to be under the the laquer?

kidgloves2 said:
Does anyone here know where I can get custom headstock logo decals? Similar to what Fender uses.

I'm not going into business, but I want to give my Warmoth guitars/basses some identity.

And can fender type decals be put over a gloss finish, or does it have to be under the the laquer?
Try Ebay, all kinds of decals, and you can put them on anyway you like. Over the finish or under. But for longer lasting results the later is better.....

kidgloves2 said:
My bad. I should have clarified. I want to design my own and have a company make a few.
Oh, well then with a little surfing you could probably find all the items needed to just ddesign and print them off yourself, no need for second party..... :icon_biggrin:

DocNrock said:
I saw something like that on e-bay, as well.  Design your own stickers.
I have also, in plenty of different catagories. Someones always selling the "Your name here" stuff..... :dontknow:

http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=3143.0

You might ask the guy in this thread.  He got that custom decal for his dad's guitar.

George Charles [GCharles@hvc.rr.com]

Here is the e-mail for the guy that did my Dad's guitar. I can't say enough good things about him. The end result was exactly what I was looking for. He charges $20 for 2 but sent me six in case of mistakes. Anyway I wouldn't hesitate for a moment to use hm again.

Ken

ocguy106 said:
George Charles [GCharles@hvc.rr.com]

Here is the e-mail for the guy that did my Dad's guitar. I can't say enough good things about him. The end result was exactly what I was looking for. He charges $20 for 2 but sent me six in case of mistakes. Anyway I wouldn't hesitate for a moment to use hm again.

Ken

Thank you!! Thanks what I'm going to do.

Much appreciated.

bender.png

I have been buying them from a guy in england..
he charges 7 pounds, and I pay a bit extra for shipping. But he seems to be a really nice bloke and usually adds an extra one in case of mistakes.

I bought some waterslide decal sheets that you can print out on a laser printer. Just design your logo using your PC and print it out. Please note that these have to be printed on a laser not an ink jet. I took some of my sheets to work and printed them out in the color laser printer when the office was quiet. For a black only design on a transparent background you can use a home mono laser. If you search for waterslide decal paper on google you should come up with something, I found some quite easily here in the UK.

Once you have printed it out you fix it on just as you would with a fake fender decal. Wet it, slide it off the backing and when dry clear coat it over.

I'd still sooner have a Warmoth decal on my guitars.

http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=3482.0

Here's something else to think about.  I might get it done at some point in the near future.

llama said:
I bought some waterslide decal sheets that you can print out on a laser printer. Just design your logo using your PC and print it out. Please note that these have to be printed on a laser not an ink jet. I took some of my sheets to work and printed them out in the color laser printer when the office was quiet. For a black only design on a transparent background you can use a home mono laser. If you search for waterslide decal paper on google you should come up with something, I found some quite easily here in the UK.

Once you have printed it out you fix it on just as you would with a fake fender decal. Wet it, slide it off the backing and when dry clear coat it over.

I'd still sooner have a Warmoth decal on my guitars.

I've done them using an inkjet printer before.  Turned out pretty decent, too.  Instructions here:

http://www.projectguitar.com/tut/logo.htm

JBD

Hi, We produce decals for various models and custom design. Please email me at decal.dude@yahoo.com. TQ

Back